Teething - Knoxville,TN

Hi all
I have a soon to be 3 month old and i was wondering how old your babies were when they starting teething. I am not sure if it is possible for him to be teething or even if he is all i know is that he is chewing on everything, (Gumming rather), his bottle and even me when i breast feed. It don't hurt as bad as teeth i am sure but it does hurt. He is also drooling alot. I thought hey he might be teething. I would love to hear others opinions on this. I will be taking him in for his 3 month check up this week, i will talk to the dr. about it then.

Well when i took him in for his 3 month check up the Dr. said he didn't see any gum changes and he didnt think he was teething. However he said that he could be. Some children teeth and don't show any signs until they have the tooth. He said just watch for the little tooth to come in. Thanks for all the advice

yes he is teething. drooling, chewing on everything are two big hints that he is, they start teething way before teeth actually show up. give him a clean wash clothe that has been wet on one end and put in the freezer in a plastic baggie to freeze the water, take it out of the bag before you give it to him he will love sucking on it great teething relief.

Motrin is much better on dental pain than tylenol, its also an anti-inflamitory

My now 10 month old got her first 2 teeth at 4 and a half months which is must earlier than any of my other children. So yes it is possible.

Both of my kids started about that time my daughter had 2 teeth at 4 months and my son at 3 it runs in the family dont be surprised if you start seeing white dots on the gums thats where the teeth will come in but yeah thats what it is TEETH YEAH all I can say is mine liked to chew on hard things the remote old phones things like that its ok a lot of kids start teething about that time

My son start teething at 3 months, he will be 1 Nov. 14. He now has 9 teeth. He is now growing one in the rear of his mouth. My best advice to you is to make sure you gave the baby some type of fever reducer. (Mortin) Unless you will have one upset baby.

My girl started teething at 11 weeks. She is now 16 weeks and no teeth yet. I read that sometimes it takes forever for those little teeth to come in. I bought one of those rubber tooth and gum cleaners, she likes it when I rub her gumes with it and let her chew on it (I don't use the paste that comes with it though). It's just a little rubber thing that fits over your finger and it had soft rubber bristles.

My son started teething at 2 months, and had a tooth by 3 months. That's not the average. He was REALLY early He's 6 months old now and has 6 teeth. Crazy. If your child seems to be in pain, give them Hylands homeopathic teething tablets. You can get them at CVS and Wal-Mart.

S.,

I would bet that your son definitely is teething since he is gumming and drooling a lot. So, just be on the look out for pearly whites; however, it could take a while. My son started gumming and drooling at three months, but did not get his first tooth until he was 11 months.

Here are so tips to help soothe him when he gets cranky from teething.

-I have heard Hyland's Teething Tablets work wonders.
-Place a wet washcloth in the freezer and when crisp let your
son chew on it
-Place grapes or strawberries in the freezer and once frozen
place in the mesh fruit holders and let him go to town
-Also, I I find that Mortrin worked better than Tylenol because it lasts longer.

Well, my son was a late bloomer. He began teething at 10 months old! But I have also heard of many early bloomers that actually start teething around three months. It's a little early, but nothing to worry about! You know what they say, when babies are early bloomers, they're just making room for the next one to come along! Watch out! lol

p.s.-
While your baby is teething, he/she will want to chew on your cell phone if it is in reach. DO NOT let this happen. My son ruined my cell phone by getting slobber all in the little slot where the charger goes, and now it only charges up when it wants to. Be very careful!

Hey S.,
My daughter cut her first tooth at four months, so she was teething around the three month mark... I called her pediatrician right before her three month check-up and told the nurse that I thought she might be teething, the nurse said it was probably unlikely, however, when we showed up for our check-up, her first tooth was already in!

Just so you know, I like motrin over tylenol, for teething pain, it seem to last longer.

1 / 3