4 Month Old Teething

Hello,
My four Month old daughter seems to be teething, all she wants to do is bite on everything and is very fussy. How can I tell if she is teething isn't she too young, and what can I do if she is to help sooth her discomfort.
Thanks,
H.

no she isn't too young to start teeting. my son started teething at 12wks!!! yep that's right 3mos. he cut his first two teeth at 4.5mos. every baby is different.

i used Hyland's Teething Tablets, they are homeopathic and work well. they have no side effects. when he was teething badly i would use the teething tablets in conjunction with tylenol or motrin. you can also get some teething rings you can freeze. first years puts out a rattle shaped in a star, when the baby bites on a tip of the star it vibrates, thus massaging their gums.

one more thing ORAJEL is very temporary relief, maybe 20-30mins. it is also known for toughening the baby's gums, that results in making the teething process LONGER!!!

good luck!

My son started doing that at 3 months and he didn't get his first tooth until close to 7 months. I think it must just feel good. You will know by the amount of drool. It increases A LOT. She might get moodier too, depends on the child though. If she is in discomfort she will let you know. I used tylenol to help at night. That was when it seemed it's worst. Good luck!

I think every baby is different and the "teething" process can also take months before you see an actual tooth. At least that's what they told me. I have that my son started teething at 5 months and then I don't have a sticker for his first tooth until 7 months! At that age, I gave him just a cold damp washcloth to chew on. He, however wasn't picky, he would chew on just about anything I stuck in his mouth. He also liked the "star" shaped teething ring by The First Years, that vibrates when they bite down on the corner. Good Luck! It's a process that just takes time, keep the bibs coming for the drool!
G.

All of my children were different in when they started teething and what they preferred to teeth on. When my son was teething, I used a clean baby washcloth filled with finely crushed ice safely tied up. He would chew on the washcloth and the ice numbed the pain.

Hi H.!

I have a 4 month old son! 4 months old is so much fun isn't it!?

Anyway...our son has just started teething. We give him lots of teething toys that we keep in the fridge and when he's really cranky from the pain we've given him baby tylenol (check with your ped. first).

We live in the Stroudsburg area and I'm a new SAHM. Married to Doug and we have 6 dogs and 4 tortoise!

All kids are different. My daughter started teething very young. She had all of her teeth by the time she was 1. I found two different things that helped her out. One of them was a "gummy" star it had differnt bumps and grooves on it and when they bit down on it, it would vibrate. I also used the cold teethers with her.

First off, she isn't to young to be teething, my daughter started to teeth that early with no sign of teeth until 6 months.

With both of my kids I used Orajel and sometimes Tylenol if the pain was to much. I let them both chew on everything that wouldn't be damaged by the biting and saliva. If you buy one of the teething rings that you put in the fridge that should help too

If you have tried the teething ring you could always go the cheap route and get a wash cloth and make it wet and put it in the freezer for a few minutes, not frozen though.

Good Luck with the teething, I know what it's like

good luck!

She's definitely not too young to be teething. I think teeth can start coming in as early as 3 months. I would get baby orajel and put that on a few times a day, also get teething rings. If she's really fussy you can give tylenol. Good luck!

H. my sons doctor said that the bottom teeth are less painful but in the 2 weeks morgan has sleep 4 nights in my bed with me and my husband b/c of teething ( i said that would not happen - had a friend loss a baby from sids they said it was from sharing a bed). I have used teething rings and washrags and oralgel and almost everything. I called the doctor and asked what to do b/c he would wake up screaming and in pain she said to get a large carrot and peel it cut off the small end and let him rub it on his gums. I tryed it and it was to hard for him. cealery seems to work well and it wont break off it just shreds and he gets to try a new flavor. the baby meds help with sleep and it gets better once it comes in. Now the one next to it is coming in. I also found that he likes to chew on my pillow it is one of the ones filled with foam balls.. we check to make sure he isnt riping it but it seems to keep him calm so i bought him one and he only has it when someone is watching him. Good luck!

Hi H.,
Your daughter is probably starting to teethe. My son started around 4 1/2 months and cut his first two teeth at 6 months. To ease her pain, I highly suggest Hyland brand teething tablets. You can find them at most drugstores. They are a homeopathic remedy that lots of moms swear by, and you can safely combine them with Tylenol or Motrin. best of luck to you!

1 / 3