Stomach Virus - What Can I Feed My Son?

I think my son has a little stomach bug. He started yesterday morning throwing up a few times. Then after that stopped for most of the day, he started having diarrhea last night. Because of all this, I have only given him Pedialyte and Jell-O. I know he is starving. Can I give him anything else? How long should I wait before resuming his milk? Thanks ladies!

I echo Heather. I had to have IV fluids for a stomach bug several years ago and that's what the nurses told me. I've used this for all of my kiddos ever since!

Poor little guy...
I usually stick to the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet when my little ones have tummy bugs/diarrhea and it really seems to help, since the foods are all so bland.

Hope he starts feeling better soon.

BRAT diet--broth, rice, apples, toast (dry). When he can hold that down, then you can introduce other stuff. Good luck!

Yep, the bananas, rice, applesauce and toast is my tried and true method also...gotta love the BRAT diet:) Also, i will give my kids some plain crackers, even like the plain goldfish ones..I will admit to giving them the cheese goldfish too. Or, if he likes plain mashed potatos, a plain waffle maybe. Just some simple, easy on the stomach things..what would you be willing to eat when you are sick?? And, while i understand the jello thing, none of my kids liked it, and I never wanted to add that much dye when they arent well. Sometimes I would give them dye free popsicles (hard to find however) or I would even make some. I hope he is better soon..it is no fun seeing them miserable, but if he wants to eat, I say let him try a few simple things. ~A.~

S. you are getting great advice, one thing to add, Popsicle... baby's get dehydrated and they don't want to eat much, my sister is a nurse and she told me to give it to my son when he had a really bad stomach virus. He was just a little over a year old and had a horrible case of it... he didn't feel like eating anything, he actually would suck on the popsicle a bit... I know it can be very hard when you little one is sick, hang in there..
God Bless

1 / 3