Spilled Milk

How do you get the smell of spilled milk out of your carpet in your car?

newspapars so works. We had a fridge that went out while we were on vacation. They fixed the fridge but the smell was still there. I did some research and found out that newspapers really do absorb the smell..

I once had a gallon of milk leak in the trunk of my mustang during the heat of the summer. I sprinkled some baking soda and let it sit there for a few days. Then I just vaccuumed it up and the smell was gone.

Good question! If it were me, I would use a hand held steam cleaner. Maybe in the water add some vinegar and amonia. Other wise, you might try dampening the area with water and patting dry with a towel, then invest in lysol and febreeze! LOL good luck

try baking soda... good old stand by.
Good luck...

We had spilled milk in our car last yr, about this same time. Thank goodness it is not 100 degrees anymore!! I had the carpets in my car shampoed twice. I also put some arm and hammer carpet deoderizer on the spot and vacuumed it a few times. Between that and leaving the windows cracked for a while, it cleared up.

baking soda and vinegar... then roll down the windows and let fresh air/sunshine in at every opportunity...

Go to PetSmart or any of the pet places and they have spot remover for carpets. It breaks down the enzines. G. W

again, go to petsmart- Petzyme is a good enzymatic cleaner & the favorite of many I have used- it also has a light pleasant scent after drying. saturate the entire area & let it dry naturally. works wonders

I'm so sorry that I can't remember the name of the product we used...but it worked FABULOUSLY!! The word "milk" was in the name, and I think my husband picked it up at AutoZone after my daughter's cup of milk spilled in the car. (I had blotted it and wiped the area with soapy water when we got home, but the smell was completely intolerable...even with the windows down!) The product was easy to apply and worked wonders immediately! I poured it on the area where the spill occurred, blotted and repeated a couple of times and it was gone for good.

1 / 3