Small Bumps All over My 5 1/2 Month Old Baby's Head and Face

I have a 5 1/2 month old baby girl who has developed small bumps all over her head and spreading down her forehead and face. These have just come up in the last week or so. it is not baby acne like she had when she was a newborn. they are not like pimples or white heads. they don't seem to bother her but i wondered what i could do to help them go away. it is not like cradle cap that i've seen (flaky skin). Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

it may be due to something she ate or what ever you are washing her clothes in or she may be allergic to something however research this and if it is not seeming to heal take her to her dr. J.

it could be egzema..or however you spell it....i have 4 kids and 2 have it...The doc treats it with a steriod cream for 5 days and it goes away..also inbetween i use aveeno products..they are a little pricy but worth the money....

hope this helps,

My daughter, who is now 5, developed little bumps all over her head and face when she was between 4 and 6 months. When my grandmother seen her she said they were a type of hives and that my mother and I had both had them as infants. She said she had given us catnip tea. So I gave my daughter 4-6 oz. of catnip tea twice a day and soon she started clearing up.

Hope this information helps you.

hope this helps,

Hi R.,

It could be the soaps and lotions you are using. Arbonne has a line for babies that is awesome. It is botanically based and all the ingredients are beneficial for your daughters skin. Especially if it ends up being eczema. I have a tesimonial letter from a doctor who recomends it to his patients before prescribing medication. I also have a close friend who was able to get her daughter off the prescription medication for her eczema just by using the ABC body wash and lotion. I am a consultant so contact me if you would like more information.

God bless,

Hey R.,

It might be a manifestation of allergies. It could be something she ate, or it could be from the pollen in the air right now. I know it's driving me crazy. I would call your doctor's office and talk to the nurse about it, or call the health advisor at your health insurance office. They'll probably be able to help you figure out if you should take her in to get treated, or just treat her with something over-the-counter.

Do you think she might be allergic to something? We all use so many different products these days. It could be something in her shampoo, your laundry detergent, etc. All these things that we use today can actually be causing us more harm than good.
Chlorine bleach is really bad. It was invented by our military as a neuro-toxin. We dilute it and use it in our homes thinking it helps. Green peace has been actively trying to phase out Chlorine Bleach from the store shelves.
If you are interested in using safe, non toxic cleaning products and/or personal care products, let me know. I would be more than happy to share what I have learned with you.

It could be a viral rash. My son had Scarlett Fever last year. It is actually a form of strep throat where you get a rash w/ the sore throat. Have it looked at by a doc. I think there are several viruses that can cause a rash.

My friends baby had something similar and the pediatrician gave her a mild steroid cream and it cleared up in a few days.

1 / 3