Seeking Advice - Brook Park, OH

Does anyone know how to get pink nail polish out of tan carpet? I've tried carpet cleaners, shaving cream, bleach water and nothing worked. Thanks.

Goof off, this is a product that will get anything out, i spilled red candle wax on white carpet and it all came out! Try a carpet store etc... it is in a tin can and smells like lighter fluid, but really works great!

I've never tried this...but I've heard that you are to heat it up with a hair dryer to get it liquid again and then dab it all up and use carpet cleaner for the rest.

Best of luck!

Hi T., I heard you could try a few things such as:
1. hair spray with rubbing alcohol
2. a product called Goof Off or
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
I don't know which one would be best, but I heard all these things worked for other people, although, I also heard that it might be hard after using bleach because the bleach does something to the carpet that might make it harder for the other cleaners to work. Good luck and please let us know how you ended up getting the nail polish out.

Try diluted nail polish remover, worked for my mom when I was little and spilled it all over our carpet.

Try fingernail polish removal. I think it's supposed to be acetone free. I used it to get fingernail polish out of clothing and it worked great. It didn't ruin the clothes at all.

IMMACU-10. Works for EVERYTHING...hair dye - even black, nail polish, etc. You CANNOTget this in the stores. I have a local gal who provides it for me. I'm in Fishers.

I've actually taken out PERMANENT BLACK MARKER from a WHITE sweatshirt. I use it for laundry, spot cleaning carpet, windows, floors, EVERYTHING except the toilet because it has no disinfectants. ENZYME based, not chemical....so safe arouond humans and pets, too!

I know this sounds a bit obvious, but have you tried nail varnish remover. Kind regards P. UK

Hi, T. --

When we had our house painted, the painters got a tiny little bit of paint on our carpet. We asked them to come rectify the problem, which they did, with some magical liquid.

You might call a few painters around town just to see what they might suggest.

Hope that helps,
H.

try non acetone nail polish remover? good luck

Use nail polish remover and soak for a little while then scrub for a minute and clean with a carpet cleaner or dry wet vac. this should work it got out BLACK nail polish from my beige-ish carpet. hope it helps

Go to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy a GALLON of NON-ACETONE nail polish remover. Then, with a box of Q-Tips, dip the qtip and start removing the polish a little at a time. Be VERY careful not to wet the carpet down because the polish will run and the color will spread. It's going to take some time, but it somes. This is the technique that a professional carpet spot master taught in one of our carpet cleaning classes. Don't use any home remedies or Resolve or whatever. If you use regular nail polish, you WILL melt your carpet. Carpet is plastic, and regular nail polish will eat it - period.

Here you go hon! I googled it for ya! Looks like the main factor is to be just as stubborn as the stain!! Good luck!!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_get_nail_polish_sta...

SCISSORS!! LOL
I have no idea but just thought to lighten the mood! Orange koolaid is hard to get out too. I spilled orange koolaid on white carpet one time. Eventually it came out with shampooing.

There is a product called OOPS! that is available which might help.
Also, did you try dabbing the spot with nail polish remover?

I can't say for sure this will work, but try nail polish remover. Also, this may sound crazy, but try soap scum remover. I use soap scum remover on my carpet and it takes the stains out better than carpet cleaners do.

I am 31 and have been married for almost 12 yrs. My husband and I have 3 boys ages 10,7, and 4.

Hi T.,

So, you need to get nail polish out of your carpet,eh? There are two types of nail polish remover: acetone and non-acetone. You want to use the clear acetone remover, only a small amount on a white wash cloth, it should come out. I have a little girl that loves to paint her nails...and sometimes the carpet too, and I have found this to work the best!

Best of luck to you!

I've had this happen! My carpet is closer to white than tan and the nail polish was red tho, Understandably, I was panicked. My Father In Law is the one who told me how to get it out . (I guess my husband had done the same thing when he was two; Like father, Like daughter :)
You take rubbing alcohol and gently dab at it till it comes up. Don't rub or wipe, You have to dab! If you rub or wipe, it will smear into the carpet.
We used the little pads that are pre-soaked. You can pick those up just about anywhere for about a dollar. It's a cheap, inexpensive fix that works and the alcohol won't damage your carpet either. It just evaporates as it dries. I hope this helps. :-)

nail polish remover? dabbed on?

A LOT of polish remover. Dump it on, sop it up, dump it on, sop it up...again and again. It's better if you have some sort of spot-cleaning machine that can really suck up the liquid instead of using a towel and just spreading it around.

Best of luck!

T., I used good ole nail polish remover, but that was when the nail polish was still wet. Good Luck N. L.

Good Question! I spilled Teal Nail Polish on Beige carpet last weekend. I got some out but we were having a party and guests were arriving so I didn't have time to work with the rest. I still have to see what I can get to finish the job.

I am a nail tech, and the only thing I have found that works is nail polish thinner. It really works on clothes too! You may need to go to a salon to find it, but you might try Sally Beauty Supply. The only thing I worry about with diluted nail polish remover is it damaging your carpet. Check out this ingredients in that stuff...it isn't pretty! Goodluck!

I used Resolve carpet cleaner & it seemed to get most of the nail polish out of my tan rug. (at least the majority & enough to wear it was not noticeable) I would highly recommend it & hopefully you'll have the same result.
Good Luck,