How Do You Get Ball Point Pen off of Linoleum?

Two of my lovely artists drew on the floor. The first time was with a stray permanent marker my eight year old forgot to put away. Luckily those fabulous Mr. Clean Magic Erasers did the trick. But this time it is ball point pen and that leaves a bit of an indentation that the ink sits in and grimaces at you from. LONG EXHALE. We have scrubbed with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers-all of us-from my spouse down to the artists in question (ages 3 and almost 2) and it is just not coming out. (It was fun to see everyone doing their best Cinderella impersonations though.) So, alas, do any of you fairy godmothers out there know of any magic remedies to get ball point pen out of linoleum?

From a little time working at a bank, I found out that hairspray (any brand) in a pump spray bottle (not aerosol) cuts ink. It just breaks down and melts away! I hope this helps!

C. C.
President
C.E. C., Baby Specialty Retailer, LLC

Hello M..
Have you tried the Mr Clean eraser? I swear my life on it. My daughter was coloring her hair and accidentally got some of the hair dye on the countertop of her bathroom, I was about to yell at her since i had used clorox, a heavy duty scrubber & voila, it hit me... why not try using the mr.clean eraser... that did the trick, as if there were never any stains. I use it a lot around the house, specially for cleaning the bath tubs. Give it a try & let me know...

I have just the stuff. It's a miracle in a bottle. It's called Motsenbocker's Lift Off and they have different ones. This stuff gets sharpie off my dining room table, walls, everything. It's a little bit hard to find, but I know that they have a website and you can find a store that carries it near you. Also, I picked up some at home depot last week in a little 3 pack that had 3 different versions of it. The number 3 is the one that gets off sharpie. I would try that one.

Oh! Also, hairspray gets ink off clothes, so it might work to spray it pretty heavy on the linoleum and then maybe use a baby-wipe to work it off.

C. C.
President
C.E. C., Baby Specialty Retailer, LLC

Hi, I do know what's that like, I had 4 little artists, all now grown up, but also have #5, who is now 5 1/2. I have used pump hairspray on ink on clothes and it seemed to work really well. Also, Wine Away is a good thing to keep around. My 5 yr. old spilled a whole glass of red wine on our beige couch. I used the wine away immediately, let the covers sit over night, washed them in a small amount of Purex laundry soap, real cheap at Target, in cold water, gentle cycle, it all came out. Good luck, and enjoy.

C. ____@____.com

M.,
Pour a nickel sized portion of baking soda over the pen mark (or enough baking soda to cover the mark.) Slowly add bits of water until a paste forms. Scrub with a sponge (or even your hand.) Wash away.
Definetely works.
P.

Melaleuca's Sol-U-Mel will do the trick every time. It's free of toxins too, so you can easily and worry free let your kids touch it.

E., Long Time Customer of Melaleuca and Love It!

I have used liquid hairspray and Goo-gone to remove ink. Hope it works for you!

Get a cotton ball and dip it in rubbing alcohol. Then rub the pen mark...the ink will come off with a little scrubbing with the cotton ball! If it is cut down into the linoleum, then put the cotton ball over the tip of your long fingernail and scrub down in the crack. Rubbing Alcohol always works like a charm on ink.

First off, I absolutely love your name. Looks like we've got the same one!

I'm a single mom with four daughters, including a set of twins. I've had a bigger variety of stains to clean away than you can shake a stick at.
Here's my suggestion to remove ball point pen from linoleum:

BON AMI CLEANSER ... works like magic! And it won't scratch your floor.

Happy Parenting,
~M. Kissell
http://M.-WriteOn.blogspot.com

P.S. If you get tired of housework and stain removal duty, you might enjoy a visit to my blog.

The easiest and cheapest way to remove ink is HAIRSPRAY get a cheap bottle of Suave and spray it on in minutes it works right out of fabric, carpet and off any surface. Rinse with water and waalaa squeaky clean.

My mom used this trick on my brand new white winter coat some girl in middle school smeared ink on because she was jealous or didn't like me. It worked great!

1 / 3