Seaworld Orlando Summer Day Camp

Hi, do you have kids or know anyone who has kids that went to the Seaworld Orlando Summer Day Camp? I am thinking about sending my 2 girls, ages 7 and 9 to this camp. The website says hands on experience with animals and I just want to know if they really get good time with animals or will they be spending lots of time coloring and doing crafts. It is ranked as a top 10 camp, but it is expensive and to send 2 of them there, I really want it to be worth it for them.

Hi. I was a camp counselor for sea world day camp in summer 2000. This is a great experience for the kids. I'm not sure how much has changed in the last decade but at least I can speak to my experiences.

Each day, kids spend time at a coupe of the attractions...including watching the shows, etc. The difference is the "behind the scenes" aspect that the kids get to participate in such as touching a young nerf shark before exploring the shark exhibit, or my favorite... meeting penguins after going through the penguin encounter.

Simply put, when my children are old enough, I hope we will be able to send our kids to camp at least 1 year. (kids are 3 and 1 right now...a little too young to attend camp.) I believe it is well worth it.

I haven't heard of that camp. But my friends went to Discovery Cove and said it is worth every penny! It was very expensive, but they liked that better than Disney World. And everything from sunscreen to towels and food is included in the price.

my duaghter and 4 of her freinds went and they just lover it to pieces it will definitly be worth the cost but if you want to some thing like that butt with the whole family then try discovery cove in orlando

I have not sent my kids as they are too young. But, my aunt & uncle sent their kids who are BIG animal lovers. They LOVED the camp!!! They got a lot of interaction with the animals & would come home exhausted but excited to go back the next day.
Hope that helps!
H.

I'm in Apopka and I looked into this for my son. It was a little too much for me, but it sounded great. We do have passes to Aquatica and we are there all summer, we often see the camp kids there, so I know they at least get to go to the water park some days, and all the rides are great for that age.

I haven't looked into the camp myself (my daughter is only 14 months) but I have heard wonderful things!!! A family friend sent their son to the half day camp when he was 6 and he loved every second of it!
I'm sure it is pretty expensive, I would check out the website to see if they have prices on there.
I have done a few of the teacher classes at Sea World. With that I have got to actually hold a penguin and go through the turtle nursery and pet the little sea turtles. As well as watch as the baby manatees were bottle fed and much much more. Sea World is designed to educate the public about aquatic animals I can't imagine that it would not be a hands on experience. If you have the money for it I can not imagine your girls not LOVING every second of it!

1 / 3