Sciatic Nerve Pain at 11 Weeks Pregnant

should the baby be able to press on the nerve in my hip/leg/pelvic region at 11 weeks? or could there be something else causing it? i remember with my first child (this is #2) he would put pressure there in he third trimester and i know this is the nerve because it is very different from round ligament pain and is just like when my son was on that nerve. i couldnt find anything online about it for my stage in pregnancy so i thought i would ask. i dont see my doc for another 3 weeks and i dont think this is serious enough to call her about but i would like some answers. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i went to the chiro and he said my hip joint and a couple vertebrae were "stuck" and when i went to the doc yesterday the baby is sitting on the side where i get the nerve pain so maybe its a combo of both idk

Ditto on mw's response. The last three week of my pregnancy I couldn't walk due to such severe Sciatic pain. I have dealt with it for the last three years. When I got to about 26 weeks in this second pregnancy the pain was starting to become unbearable. Even though I have seen a chiropractor for last two years she wasn't helping. Went to a new chiropractor who specializes in women and pregnancy. She relieved a lot of my pain wig one adjustment, and trigger point therapy. Said my pelvis was way out of alignment. Don't wait. Find a specialist who can help. I think a lot if ob's discount women's pain bc so many have discomfort.

I am not pregnant but I have been suffering with mine too. I started putting ice on it and it really helped. I also agree the chiropractor will help too. Mine didn't stem from my back but my butt thank goodness.

If you have a chiropractor now would be the time to see him! If you don't go to www.upcspine.com and find one in your area. It will not only help with your pain but it is good for the health of you baby as well. Chiropractic care is essential in keeping your immune system at it's optimum and will keep your pregnancy healthy as well.

God bless and congratulations!

I had a lot of pain all the time with my third. I spent a lot of time in the chiropractor's office getting an adjustment or a massage.

Head to the chiropractor! Find one that specializes in women and children. We LOVE ours! I had the same issues while pregnant and they helped me every time.

I doubt its the baby, more like your posture. Maybe go get an adjustment at the chiropractor.

I had the same problem with my second pregnancy. I thought it was one of those pregnancy things that would go away when the baby was born. Boy, was I wrong. Since I didn't take care of it and let it fester, it really ticked off all the nerves. I ended up dealing with it for 2 years after the baby was born. I ended up going to a chiropractor, orthopedist and physical therapist to fix it. They all said the same thing - if I had taken care of it early on with chiropratic care and stretching exercises, I never would have ended up in as bad of shape. Go to the chripractor NOW!!!

it started early for me too. My doctor said to get a maternity belt, which I got from Motherhood Maternity. It was just elastic and velcro, but it was great and I wore it my whole pregnancy, practically. I remember asking her how something the size of a peanut could be causing that much random pain and she said it just happens that way sometimes.

1 / 3