Relief for Mosquito Bites on My 3 Year Old

We just got back from camping and my daughter and I are covered with mosquito bites. She is doing a pretty good job of not itchy too much, but her mood this morning is telling me the bites are "bugging" her! She said they hurt. Any thoughts on what I could put on them to provide some relief?

I always took a bakeing soda bath. They dry up the bites and take the itch out. I did it when my kids had the chicken pox and I do it with mosquito bites too.

Any over-the-counter allergy medication will help. (Mosquito bites are nothing more than an allergic reaction to mosquito saliva.) If she's scratched herself bloody, Tylenol will help, too.

A lukewarm bath with baking soda really helps with the itch.

yep, calamine lotion (I grew up where we had trucks driving around at night spraying mosquito poisons; we had lots of the suckers)

also, Avon Skin So Soft is supposed to be good for keeping bugs away

hydrocortizone cream also works well and is a pretty quick relief, but something like baking soda bath will work better in the long run. You could try baking soda and vinegar. I know its' smelly, but for bee stings and stinging nettles, it gets the poison out. I am sure it would do something similar for bee stings. Just let it dry and then wash it off with cool water.

I agree with the poster who recommended an antihistamine like benadryl, & a little tylenol for the pain...there's also the old trick of taping a copper penny on top of them. It works great for bee-stings too. The downside on the pennies is that its really an overnight cure.

Also...for next time....the USMC (not officially) uses AVON 'Skin so Soft' applied straight. Keeps off sandfleas, mosquitos, most anything that creeps, bites, and flies. It makes one INCREDIBLY shiny...but the upside is that is isn't a pestacide, and it smells great.

Best of Luck....i HATE mosquitos
:)

Good Morning L.,
Happy 4th of July, remember to pray for our nation today.
Good old fashioned Epsom salt in a cool bath is still the best itch relief. Also a non sweaty atmosphere afterwards.
Blessings, Annie G.

L.,

My favorite is the Aloe Vera Gel. It's usually got the Banana Boat logo on it, and it's a rather vivid green color. I use it mostly for sunburn, but I've used it on bites as well. Many many many times applying Aloe but not completely rubbing it in, then sitting in front of a fan has felt wonderful.

Another thought is the Benadryl gel. Apply topically and it should relieve the itching.

Hope this helps,

I'm a mother of four ranging in age from 5-20. For the little ones we always use topical pediatric cortisone cream. It takes the itch away and dries up the swelling. It may take a few applications but it does work really well.

I love the colloidal silver products and use them every day on myself and my kids. www.silvermiracles.com It's a natural way to handle bites, exczema, heat rash, etc. Take care!

1 / 3