Non-animated TV shows/DVDs for a 2 Year Old Boy

I'm in search of some TV shows or DVDs for my two year old son that are NOT animated. He really doesn't like cartoons at all. He is very into Baby Einstein and Curious Buddies but I'm going to lose my mind if I have to watch these videos that much longer and would like to have a few more options in my DVD cabinet. I have been trying Sesame Street with him for some time but it only holds his attention for about 5 minutes on a good day. I've also shown him the Wiggles a few times but he doesn't seem interested in that either. Puppets of virtually any kind and animals are really what seem to hold his attention the most. Any ideas please let me know! Thanks!

I LOVE TOY TRAINS series...

And at age 2, TV and videos really shouldn't be holding his attention for more than 5-15 minutes at a time. That is normal for an active little guy.

My 2 year old's favorite show is "In the Night Garden" it airs on The Hub. Made by the same people that made Teletubbies and Boobahs, she likes those too, we have DVDs from her brothers.
Thomas the Tank is another one.
A slightly older Disney Channel show is JoJo's Circus. My boys loved that to bits. There are DVDs of it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't air on TV anymore.
Some others I was going to suggest are listed already.

Fraggle rock (hub), the muppets, thomas the train dvd's and sat morning, between the lyons (pbs), backyardigans (nick jr)

My son absolutely adores Imagination Movers. He's 16 months old and dances to all the songs!

My son is the same way! It's animated (however, very different animation), but he LOVES Pocoyo. You can search for it youtube, to see if he'd like it. They have many episodes on there. There is also a DVD we found called "Puppy Party." (I think redbox has it!) It has all kinds of cute puppies, and my son just loves it

not animated....hmmmm....
my daughter used to love Barney when she was 1 1/2 to 2. she's 3 now and has found many other things she liked so doesnt watch as much. she also likes the Wubbulous World of Dr Seus, which has all the Dr Seuss characters as puppets rather than animation. i'm interested to see the responses. its so hard to think of non-animated shows! what doesnt he like about cartoons? is the animation too much/too busy? if so, he might like Kipper. my daughter loves it! the animation is very simple and "non-busy". its about a british dog and his friends.

My daughter wouldn't watch cartoons either. She loved Barney and The Wiggles. Barney still comes on PBS but I don't think the Wiggles do. I bet you would have to find them online or buy DVD's.

Updated

Copy-Kids is a DVD that encourages healthy eating in young children; http://copy-kids.com/ Simple. Adorable. It features kids having such a good time eating fruits and veggies, that when children watch it they want to join in.

Have you tried "Elmo's World"? My son didn't like Sesame Street, but he loved Elmo.

Other suggestions (besides Barney):

Teletubbies
Signing Time
Wonder Pets - they're not like traditional cartoons, not sure if he'd go for it
Yo Gabba Gabba
Baby Genius

1 / 3