Seeking Wholesome Children's Tv Shows and Movies for a Two Year Old

My husband and I are taking our 2-year-old son James on a trip from LA to Tennessee this weekend, which will involve an entire day of flying. In addition to the books, crayons, and a mix of old and new toys, I'm looking for TV shows and movies to load on to my ipod for the flights. Can anyone recommend a good TV show or movie that is wholesome and entertaining? Our son really only watches Sesame Street.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. The trip went fine - we actually didn't watch more than 1 hour or so of TV - he was pretty content to play with his cars and a little play-dough. It helped a lot that I bought a couple of new toys and wrapped them in wrapping paper - so he could have fun unwrapping them. He did enjoy a little Yo Gabba Gabba, however!

My daughter loves "The Wonder Pets" and "Miss Spider and her Sunny Patch Friends". Both programs are educational and cute. I watch with my little one and love to see her laugh and clap while she enjoys her shows.

Don't forget Disney! There are a lot of Baby Einstein videos that are fun. Have a great and safe trip!

I would recommend Blue's Clues, Sid the Science Kid, Little Einsteins, Special Agent Oso, and Backyardigans.

In general, I will let my kids watch Noggin or Playhouse Disney.

Anything on Noggin or Sprout is good for a 2 year old. You can also pick up some of the Baby Einstein videos or Mickey Mouse Club House videos.

Have a good trip!

At two, My son really liked the feature "Homeward Bound" and the show "Blues Clues" and could sometimes be captivated by the Baby Einsteins "Baby Motzart" "Baby Bach" and "First Signs". See if you can test drive him on some of these suggestions you've received, and good luck. So many of the things that other peoples' kids are loving did not work for my son at all. For instance, I wanted him to love Handy Manny because I thought it looked like a great show, but NO DICE and Diego (now his favorite at 2y 9mo) went right over his head at 2. OH which reminds me, I did not like but he LOVED that little bald-headed whiner, Caillou. ;)

Again, good luck!

Hi L..

Anything on Noggin is great. Very educational and attention grabbing. Visit Noggin.com; however, I'm not sure you can download programs.

Have a good trip!

We and our son love Yo Gabba Gabba (on Noggin) and Sid The Science Kid (on PBS). Both wholesome, fun and incorporate learning (and both have music which tends to keep his attention). We really like Yo Gabba Gabba because they have short varying spots which really keep his attention.

My 2 year old LOVES the Wonder Pets. If you can't get them on iTunes, I know they sell DVDs at Target for about $12 (6 15 minute episodes). She also burned some time on our recent 4 hour flight peeling stickers on/off coloring book covers. Target often has cheap stickers in those $1 bins at the front of the store.

Good luck with your trip!

My 2yr old loves The Wiggles, Wonderpets, and Handy Manny. they involve music and counting so it will keep up with their attention span. Also you can try Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Blues Clues they also teach numbers, shapes, and have songs.

1 / 3