Need Input on Graco Strollers

Hi mommy's.. I am about to purchase another Graco Travel System but am kind of lost. I really like the Quattro Tour type strollers because of the "one hand recline" mechniquism [ the metal squeeze type bar to recline], over the strap type ones [ its a strap laced through back of seat with a plastic hinge type thing to keep it tight [ upright] or you release hinge to let seat recline]. I would like input from moms who have both of these type of strollers. They are called VIE4, PASSAGE, ETC... I called the Graco company to ask specifics and they assured me that the strap type recline holds up rather well to a toddler [ 40lb], but it just looks so flimsy and cheap and I do not want to have to replace the stroller in a few years because it will not stay upright. I know the Quattro Tour strollers are the elite of the line [ bulky,heavy, etc] but I really want input on some of the others. I am not interested in going another brand because I already have a 2nd base for my husbands truck that hits PERFECTLY, and do not want the hassle of trying to juggle other seats around because an Evenflo or whatever model's base is wider. Thanks in advance.

I chose the kind with the squeeze bar and LOVE it. I is now 8 years old and has been through 2 kids and I still use it for my 4yo on occasion. I did get a replacement basket for underneath for #2 but I used it constantly so I didn't mind. It is a little bulky but I picked up an umbrella stroller for the times when I didn't want the big one and NEVER use it. I even took my big one to Disney World for #1 who was 3 1/2 at the time. I am going to Hate to get rid of it. Mine has cup holders for me and a HUGE basket underneath. We can go shopping and put all 3 coats under as well as purchases. At first I was concerned with asking for such an expensive item at my shower but now I know I wouldn't have been happy with ANY other stroller.

We have the kind with the recline strap and it SUCKS. I hate it. Definitely don't get that kind. It didn't last very long... I'd say maybe a few months, if that? Now my daughter is 18 months old and 24lbs and it doesn't hold her at all. 40lbs my sweet heiney!

I have the Graco with the strap recline and have not had any problems. It is showing no signs of wearing out. The only negative thing I can say is that it can be difficult to go from reclining to sitting if the childs weight is bearing down on the strap. An older child would need to sit up before bringing the seat into a sitting position. It is pretty easy to go from sitting to reclining and is a smooth transition if the child falls asleep while sitting and you want to recline them.

GO with the Quattro Tour!! I had one for my firstborn and now with baby #3 I have a different Graco travel system (the kind with the straps for reclining) that I got for a gift. I wish I had my old travel system back! Or at leas the same style. The one I have now is much more difficult to fold and unfold and you need to put everything down so you have both hands free to recline or put the seat back up. It doesn't seem like a big deal unless you're carrying a baby and/or diaper bag and trying to watch two other kids while you put the seat up or down!

1 / 3