Need Advice on My Daughters Yellow Teeth!

When my 8 year old daughters permanent teeth came in a few years ago they where yellow looking. Just recently she was looking at a close up picture of herself and was concerned how yellow they look. She brushes them, flosses them and uses mouthwash taking good care of them. I know kids don't bleach their teeth, but, is there anything she can do to help them look less yellow at this age? I don't want her to feel embarrassed about her smile. If anyone has dealt with this before and has some great advise...I would love to hear from you!

Aquafresh whitening strips do wonders!!!! My daughter had the same problem and in about three days you could see a big difference!!!

My pediatric dentist told me that my sons adult teeth look so yellow next to his baby teeth that he still had! Now that he is 11 years old and all his baby teeth are gone he has a beautiful white smile (when I can get him to brush his teeth)!

Did you know that the store brands of toothpaste contain
formaldyhide? I used to have yellow teeth & was facing 2 root
canals; but, now my teeth are white & feel like I stepped out of a dental office every morning. I know what can brighten teeth & heal any gum or mouth issues. Call me at ###-###-####
and leave your number and I will call you back with the information on what helped me. I have free long distance so I don't mind calling you back!
Hope to talk to you soon,
P. Elting

Have you talked with a dentist yet? It may be important to find out why her teeth look yellow before you try to do anything to them. My sister and I both have genetic issues with our teeth enamel that causes them to stain easily. Twenty years ago, the dentist was able to put a coating on them to help protect the teeth and that helped them look better too. Good luck!

Hi J. - I actually had the same problem as a child. I brushed and ate well but they were still slightly yellow. I too was self conscious. It was just the way my teeth came in; the dentist thought it was possibly due to a fever at so point. I don't remember ever getting picked on about this but it did bother me. I actually talked my mom into letting me get my teeth whitened when I was in middle school. I used the gel and trays from a dentist. The results were incredible and lasted many years. You could aslo try some of the whitening tooth pastes.

I'm a redhead who also has always had yellow teeth. I do notice that if I cut back on the tea, pop, coffee, etc. it's not as bad, and I do use Crest whitening toothpaste, but they are just always a little yellow. When I was younger, my pediatric dentist said there was nothing wrong with them. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Not to say that you shouldn't help your daughter to feel beautiful, but this might be a small thing to help her learn to love herself as she is and embrace her differences.

J. I really feel like you should take your daughter to her dentist. The yellowing of her teeth could be something as minor as needing a really good dental cleaning. Even the best brushing and flossing at home can not compare. There are several other things it could be such as flourosis or enamal staining from a high fever she may have had when the permanet tooth was forming. To be sure though a visit to her dentist will confirm it. I work in the dental hygiene field and we see these issues all the time. Good luck. S.

I'd talk to your dentist about it. I'm not sure if the whitening strips on new teeth are a good idea or not but the dentist will know.

1 / 3