Need a Great Prenatal Vitamin

Me and my husband are recently off of the pill and trying to get pregnant. I am currently taking a woman's multi by vitamin code. I want to finish this bottle because they are expensive, but want to immediately start a prenatal once i am done with the multi.
I don't know if it matters but I am currently a vegetarian, and I am not sure if i need to compensate for that. once I get pregnant I cannot guarantee that I will continue to be a vegetarian, right now I am only avoiding meat to stay away from the cholesterol and fat. I really do like to eat it.
I am looking for something preferably organic and plant based.
I would really appreciate anyone's recommendations.

Hi M.!

A friend of mine was recently pregnant (had a healthy baby boy on 12/28/10!) and she was taking Melaleuca Prenatal vitamins. Her OB/GYN told her if she could have all her patient's take these prenatals she would be a very happy woman! If you want more info, please contact me!! Good luck with whatever you decide!

http://www.green4mygirls.com

i took the vitamin code prenatal too but u are right, it is very expensive. I switched to preg natal by jarrow formulas. I don't believe it is organic, but i am very impressed with the jarrow brand. You can get it on iherb.com for cheaper than other places. I would recommend you avoid anything from walmart or other cheap sources.

Hi, M.:

Along with your multi-vit. Carlson Labs makes a Super Daily
Amino Blend Capsule to provide the amino acids needs to supplement
your diet.

Resource: www.carlsonlabs.com

Hi M.!

http://www.green4mygirls.com

sorry- I mistyped and the computer won't let me erase the W, so there it is, just sitting out there by its self. ;) Before you buy check out this info! I found it extremely helpful and informative!
www.oligofructosecompound.com

Wish you the best! HUGS
W

I use spring valley-- you can buy them at wal-mart. They don't make my stomach hurt like other brands do.

Whole Foods has a good store brand prenatal that I am currently taking. For now you'll be good just taking folic acid until u actually get pregnant. A great site for vitamins and all things natural is www.vitacost.com. The NSI brand is great.

Dear M.,

Yes, there absolutely is a whole food supplement that has Evidence Based Research. It is called Juice Plus, have you heard of it? It is currently being tested on pregnant woman by the University of Mississppii with major benefits. Please check out an 11 minute video on my website www.vineripejuiceplus.com; a picture is worth a thousand words. You can also click on what experts have to say to hear from well known professionals.

If I can help you further please let me know, it would be my pleasure.

Be blessed,
c.

Yes, email me if you would like a link. I think these vitamins are the best you can get. They are multivitamins, not labeled prenatal, but if your doctor looks over the label I am sure he/she will say they are as good as if not better than prenatals.

Can I assume you are eating plenty of protein that is plant based? If you are having difficulty there I can make recommendations too.

1 / 3