My Daughter Wrote All over a Laptop Screen with Ink

Two year olds can not be left alone for even one minute!!! My sister left her laptop on the table for a minute and when she came back my daughter had written with a pen all over it. I really can't afford to buy her a new laptop but we can't seem to get the ink off. Does anyone have any tips on what we could do? What we could try to get the ink off?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Try resolve carpet cleaner on a rag. I had a pen that got in the dryer and got all over it - we put the resolve carpet cleaner on a rag and it came right off. Hope you have some luck getting it off.

SOL-U-MEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 2 year old wrote w/Sharpie all over my computer screen some months back. I just put a bit of solumel on a cotton ball and it came right off! No scratches, no leftover marks, nothing! It is a great stain remover & deodorizer. I highly recommend it.

I'd go to the manufacturer's website and search for ink of screen and see what they say.

Dell has some info on their site and they say it's a risky venture to get it off. Nail polish can apparently do it but will damage the screen too.

Here's some forums but they're Dell related and I don't know what your's is....

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=179117&a...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/DellPartsFamily.aspx?s...

Mr clean magic erasers, they do wonders!

C.,

You probably won't be able to get it off. You could try one of those bleach erase markers, but other than that, I doubt it will work. However, it will be much cheaper to pay to replace her screen than buying her a new laptop alltogether. Hope that helps!

Have you tried glass cleaner or alcohol on a cotton ball?

My son used a sharpie all over our screen and I was told to write over it with a dry erase marker and then wipe it off. It got all of it off so easily. I hope it will work for regular pen ink, too.

You can also try hairspray. I know hairspray will get permanent marker out of things.

I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try before replacing a screen...Spray-N-Wash. Yes, the laundry stuff. It took permanent marker off our vinyl tile, so it's worth a chance! I'd be careful with the magic erasers, they might scratch the screen.

1 / 3