Mom Seeking Excellent Pre-school Program in Kent County

Hello,

My name is N. Jenkins and I live in Dover, DE (Kent County). I am searching for an excellent pre-school elementary in Kent County. Please help!

Well, I enrolled my son into Dover Montessori, but they weren't giving him the attention that he needed. He needs a little more help than what they were willing to offer, so we parted peacefully. Now, he's currently enrolled at Kidz Ink in Dover. I absolutely love it. He goes to AM at Fairview Elementary for the Pre-K and he goes to Kidz Ink for the PM session. The teacher he has is very concerned about his learning disability and she has a positive outlook on things. Since then, Kidz Ink has him potty-trained and communicating verbally more than ever. I LOVE KIDZ INK IN DOVER. I have to stress that it's in Dover because they have a facility in Smyrna, DE that my boss had her child enrolled in and she had a total opposite feeling about that particular facility. Currently the Kidz Ink in Smyrna has a teacher there named Heather who apparently treats the kids a little rough. My boss had to had a contact the Director of Kidz Ink because the teacher was too rough with the kids, not just her kid, but other children as well. Her child was terrified of the teacher. Ultimately, my boss ended up taking her child out of the facility and now the child is terrified of going to another school in fear of the same treatment. I want to put that out there for anyone who currently has their child enrolled in the Smyrna facility, to be careful and watch out. Pick up on the signs that your child is displaying. Especially for children that cannot speak yet, pay attention to them. If they are crying dramatically every time they get to school, that's alarming. There's a reason why they are acting like that. Take it from me, been there done that. Tx

My 5 yo just graduated from St. Pauls in Camden and my 3 yo will start next year. They have T,TH and MWF classes and go from 9-12.(The longest I found. 2 1/2 hrs is the norm it seems here.) The classes have a max of 8 kids and there are only 5 classrooms.
She really learned a lot over the last year and my 3 yo can't wait to start.

My daughter just graduated from St. John's Early Learning Center just off State Street (by the YMCA). We have been very happy there! They have an excellent program-and are attentive to students with special needs. And, I know that they have spots available for their three year old program in the fall. (My son will be there!) If you have any questions, you can call Miss Kelly at ###-###-####. You can also contact me if you'd like more information! Good luck!

Check out The Little School at Kids Cottage (www.kidscottage.com/littleschool/) - The Little School has been around for years and has just moved into a great new facility.

Hi N.,
My daughter is 3 as well, she's been attending Kidz Ink since October of last year. She was in the day care system since she was 12 weeks though and I've moved her around twice due to changes in income/jobs but I really do find that Kidz Ink on North Street in Dover is excellent. She's learning so much and unlike some other places she's gone to she is excited to go there every morning. Let me know if you have any specific questions, you can email me at ____@____.com
Good luck!!

I highly recommend the Little School. It has recently merged with Kid's Cottage (originally in Lewes, DE) and relocated to Salisbury Rd. Check them out. It's a brand new facility and the Little School was always the best preschool program in town.

First of all let me start off by saying congratulations on little Antrell surviving cancer. Cancer has got to be one of the worst things that can happen to a little one. He has been through a lot in his short, little life. Bless his little heart, and yours. Now about the pre-school, I have lived here since I was 5 years old, I am 32 now, and I have always heard that the Little School is the best. I used to babysit a little boy with Down Syndrome when I was a teenager and his mom sent him to the Little School and they were great with him, taught him a lot. My daughter is only 11 months old but if we are still in Dover when she is ready to start school the Little School is absolutely where we will send her. Take care and good luck to you.

1 / 3