Looking for New Recipes

Hello Everyone! I am looking for new, easy recipes for moms on the go. I love to cook, but time can be an issue :) Thanks for any tips and recipes you would like to pass along.

Kraft's web sight is a great place for easy quick recipies. It is kraftfoods.com. They also have a free quarterly magazine that you can sign up for on the web site.

I make easy chicken enchiladas
First shredd your cheese.
Take your chicken breast (I use boneless/skinless) and boil it for 30 minutes until it is white in the center.
Then I shredd it/ chop it up.
Take your chicken and put it in a mixing bowl add half a can of enchilada sauce and a cup of shredded cheese, mix all this up really well.
Take a piece of foil and cover your baking sheet or or pyrex dish take each totilla and put a spoom full of your chicken and cheese down the center of it, spread evenly then roll it up. Continue doing this until you have used all the chicken then take your remaining sauce and cheese and cover the top with it, put in the oven for 10-15 minutes just enough to melt the cheese and warm it a bit. Your clean up will be so easy since you covered your dish with foil. We only like chicken and cheese but you could add beans and rice and whatever else you can come up with.
Happy eating W. mom of 4.

Here are some of my faves...and there is always leftovers which makes it easy to not worry about the next day

Chicken pot pie
2 shredded chicken breasts
2 T milk
1 sm pkg of mixed veggies
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 premade pie crusts

mix everything together and pour over first crust, and top with the other crust and bake at 350 till crust is brown

Santa Fe Chicken and Rice
2 shredded chicken breasts
1 jar of Pace thick and chunky salsa
1 can of chicken broth
2 cups of quick rice
throw in garlic to taste if you like

cook in skillet and let it cook down a bit
top with cheese

(I usually take time while I am cooking an meal and cook and shredd chicken and place it in the freezer, then it is quick to throw into something later)

here is one more

Mediterranean pasta
in skillet cookd
2 shredded chicken breasts
1 T parsley
1T basil
1 T oregano
1/4 cup white wine
2 T olive oil
1 T garlic

cook 1/2 bag of pasta
take 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes and drain them. place them in the pasta along with skillet mixture and some feta

Here is my favorite easy receipe.

1 medium sized roast
2 jars Tostitos salsa

Put roast in crockpot and add salsa and 1 jar water. Cook on low all day long. Shred meat and put on tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, whatever. Super easy and very very tasty!

This is a great resource: http://www.menuplanningcentral.com/order/go.php?r=435&amp... or this one sends a weekly kid-friendly menu with shopping list right to your email inbox: http://www.dinewithoutwhine.com/amember/go.php?r=4836&amp...

Enjoy! :)

I know exactly what you mean! I've been going to cookinglight.com there you can search for recipes by ingredient, course, and easiness to make. I print the recipe out, if we like it, I keep it, if not - it's gone. I'm a full time student anticipating a hard fall semester, so I am planning the whole month of August that every meal I make, I will make double, and freeze the second half, so we have lots of back up meals. Also I've found it easier to make dinner at night if I've already cooked the meat ahead, for example, for tacos, or cook the chicken for whatever cassarole you might be putting it it. Just cook it ahead the night before, when you're already making dinner, since you're already at the stove, it's no extra work, but makes the next night so much easier. I'm also going to try and use my crockpot more this winter.

1lb ground beef or turkey
2 8oz cans tomato sauce
1 can corn or mexican corn --drained
3 cups Minute Rice
1 3/4 cups water
Chili powder, garlic or garlic powder, onion powder to taste

Brown meat and drain. Add everything else. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until rice is done.

Serve. It is good covered in cheese too.

Nice, easy 1 pot meal.

These are my easiest ones that my family and I love!

6-8 frozen chicken thighs and a bottle of KC master piece BBQ sauce,
spray a crock pot with pam, lay frozen chicken on the bottom, cover with BBQ sauce, cook for 6-8 hours
serve with salad and a quick pasta or rice dish

also

2 boneless turkey breasts, 1/2 stick of butter
spray crock pot with pam, put in turkey breast (not frozen), sprinkle with salt and pepper, pour melted butter over top, cook 6-8 hours (depends on your crock pot) comes out so moist!! Then with the juices you can make a gravy and serve with mashed potatoes and a salad or vegie.

enjoy!

I love Betty Crocker's Fix-it-Fast Family Recipes Cookbook. Most of the meals on there take lest than 15 minutes to prep and under an hour with cooking/baking time. Every recipe I have used out of the book, my family has enjoyed. The ingredients are common too, so you don't have to be running to speciality stores to find the things you needs. This cookbook is available on Amazon.com used for .25 plus 3.99 shipping. Well worth it!!!

1 / 3