Looking for Gymnastics or Dance for a Preschooler - Northville Area

I was wondering if any of you know of or go to a gymnastic center that has classes for my three year old daughter. Here is my 'challenge' though. I have a son who is in afternoon Kindergarten and another who naps during that time so cant really leave the house in the afternoon. My daughter has preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so those days are out. Which leaves me with Monday/Wednesday or Friday mornings (and I would have to bring my 5 year old and 20 month old along) or the weekend (which is preferable) and I would have to bring along the other two then as well. I would be happy to put my 5 year old in a gym class at the same time but think it may be too expensive.....and its hard to find 2 classes running at the same time that are for 3 and 5 year olds. My daughter is currently doing tap on a Saturday morning which works because the place has a good waiting area where the other two can play while she has her class, but I am thinking she would enjoy gymnastics more (plus I'm not into the whole recital expense :)).
Any suggestions would be great.....oh and I looked into the parks and rec but the time of their classes are 3.15 - 4pm which is bang in the middle of pick up time for my kindergartener. He goes to school at 12.30 and finishes at 3.45pm. The baby sleeps from 1pm and then I generally have to wake him up to go to pick up at 3.45pm!!!
A bit long winded i know....sorry.......I guess I need either a reasonably priced class for 3 and 5 year olds at the weekend in the morning or a class just for my 3 year old with something to entertain the other two while we wait for her. If we can't do gymnastics then i would consider carrying on with tap or ballet but the same restrictions with time etc apply.
Thanks in advance....I know someone out there will have an excellent idea for me :) !!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter just finished a session at Farmington Gymnatics Center. The waiting are is nice sized with toys for siblings to play with. I don't have a younger child but many others did. I will warn you that the class was not cheap. They had many clsses at various times. You would have to call for specifics. They are located off of Grand River between Haggerty and M5. HTH

I don't have a suggestion to your question but noticed that you don't have any family in the area. I have twin 1 yrs. old boys and if you would ever like to get together, let me know. I live in West Bloomfield, but grew up in Northville and my parents live there still. We are over that way ALL the time! Thought I would through this out just in case you needed a new friend :)

Both my son and daughter have taken gymnastics at Splitz in Canton near Joy and Lilley Road. But for 2 & 3 year olds, the parents participate too. At 4, they go to class on their own. They do have a variety of class times and a large waiting area.

My daughter takes dance classes at Central City Dance in Canton at Sheldon and Canton Center Roads. They have wide variety of class times, mostly evenings and weekends. It's too late to sign up for the classes that perform in the recital, but they usually have 5 or 6 week classes starting in February. There generally aren't very many times to choose from in the 5 or 6 week sessions, but if they do still have the shorter sessions, there might be a class that fits your schedule. There is a large waiting room at Central City also, but it's generally pretty full.

I've been to both Farmington and Splitz. I don't have a preference, just whatever one I can fit in. Both websites post their schedules although their session start dates do not overlap. Splitz had a gymnastics and dance class combined the last time I looked. Maybe that would work better for you?

Good luck! I have pretty much the same schedule conflict as you do and I'm having a hard time finding stuff I can do with my 21 month old that will work with my daughter's afternoon kindergarten schedule. Next year will be easier, I think.

Try Ms Peggys in Livonia (I-96 and Levan Rd)....here's a link with all the info you need to see if they would work for you.

http://liv-ultimategym.com/index.html

The Livonia Rec center (located on Five mile & Farmington)also offers gymnastics, so you could check them out too.

1 / 3