Looking for Good/ Fair Priced Place for 12 Yr Old Dog with Medical Needs a Week

I have never boarded my dog but I am new here and will be gone for the 4th of July week. I usually take her but she has a hard time traveling these days. She is my baby. I am looking for somewhere she can stay that week. This year she has become diabetic and I give her 2 injections a day of insulin. she is not bothered by this and is very gentle dog. do any of you know of a place with good staff that may fit. I am going to check with vet as well.

I wish I could help you out! I love animals, and love to watch them, but my 3 yr old minature schnauzer is very hyper and probably would not be very good for your "baby" ;) Definitly check your vet first, they will know the ones in the area that our trust worthy. Some vets even board pets as well. We just moved down here as well and I haven't looked into prices yet, but up in the panhandle the average price was 13 dollars a day for boarding. I am sure it is probably higher here. I know that most places will not board your pet if certain vaccines haven't been given. So make sure that you get those from the vet as well. I hope that you have luck and be sure to update us...We will have to board our dog in August. Make sure you reserve your spot early. Holiday weeks go fast and may already be filled.
Blessings!

Barkers Hotel through Simmons Vet Clinic. We board our German Shepherd here about 6 times a year and anywhere from a weekend to 10 days. The staff is wonderful. Here is the website: http://www.BarkersHotel.com/

I would HIGHLY recommend you contact Simmons Veterinary Hospital. The have the Barker's Hotel there for dogs as well as the Purrington Inn for cats. Every time my son and I travel we leave his puppy there. The entire staff is wonderful. The link to the hospital is http://www.simmonsvet.com Also, try http://www.barkershotel.com for pictures of the facilities.

you didn't say where you are...but 2 good places in No. Broward/Boca are VCA animal hospital on Hillsboro east of lyons,which has a large baording facility and being a vets, they can handle the medical needs of your dog. Another, higher priced option is Clintmoore Animal Hospital on Clintmoore West of Lyons; this is more luxurious and also has outstanding veternary care.

My mom uses a wonderful place on 441 and close to Hillsborough, if you are still looking I will find out for you. It is a vets office, they are very caring. I can find out about some other areas too if this is too far. I have lived in South Florida my whole life. www.DiscoveryToysLink.com/LisaRyan L.

Dr. Vic Manaharan of Woodhaven Animal Clinic can board them. They are on Forest Hill, just west of Kirk. Its $20. a day, and they stay in little cubicles, not a cage. They can take care of medical needs and walk them three times a day. He is also a great vet and very sweet family. His wife works there too, very professional and reasonable. I take all my animals there and my sisters do too. He goes above and beyond.
phone - ###-###-####. Tell them H. sent you.

1 / 3