Looking for "Dress-up" Clothes to Fit plus Size 5 Year Old

Moms, I am needing some help. My 5 year old still LOVES to play dress up but I can't find any dress up clothes that fit her any longer. She wears about a size 7/8. Surely there are dress up clothes out there some where that fit bigger little girls.

My 2 girls love to play dress-up with Mommy's old clothes! Whenever I clean out my closet, I let them select a few things to keep. I may need to hem or shorten straps a little, but they love wearing my old clothes - and it doesn't cost a thing!

I would suggest 2 things

Hit the clearance sales at the party stores after halloween to buy costumes in all sizes.

go to good will or any other thrift store and buy vintage prom dresses etc.

I bought some old dance costumes at kid-to-kid that my daughter loves. You might find some larger sizes in dance constumes verses play clothes. Good luck!

I would try all of the Halloween stores now that it is time for all to dress up.

You could just get Halloween costumes. That's what I did when my girls were little-I waited til after Halloween and bought them on clearence. Also, you could try kids resale shops or Party City, Claires, Charming Charlies, Disney Store, Target, Walmart

Check out resale shops (including Goodwill). You could find all kinds of things there from cowgirl gear to old flower girl dresses that would make a perfect princess outfit.

after halloween all of the costumes will be on clearance you might try getting some of those, and you might also look at thrift stores and yard sales.

My girls love dress up. They are 9, 7, and 3. Even when their friends come over they want to play. My daughter is tiny and can still were all the store little kid finds but she is 9 and really should be wearing bigger. So her friends that are 9 and 10 can't fit in those dresses. I have found great dress up stuff at the good will and garage sales. I buy prom dresses and flower girl dresses. Even some fun suits,overalls, halloween costumes, ties, shoes, etc....stains dont bother me or even the discounted things that have a tear. The girls can wear them and play hard and i am not fretting over the money i spent.

My daughter is 6 and is thin but very tall and wears a 10! She loves dress up too. We go after halloween and raid the stores even the thrift stores. If your anywhere near haltom city there is a place that has prob 200-300 costumes ranging from .99-2.99 email me and I'll let you know where its off Denton HWY

1 / 3