Looking for a Way to Boost Immune System

My daughter seems to get sick every week, I am going back and forth on if we want to take her out of her daycare (she loves it) but she is always sick. Does anyone know of something we can do to help her? She is only 11 1/2 months old. The pediatrician she goes to says there isn't anything that will help and that some kids are just sick more often than others. Please help

I want to thank everyone for all their advice and suggestions. I did find a company that offers a far superior antioxidant product. Since my daughter has been on the Xocai active she has not been sick once. It has greatly boosted her immune system, she loves it (it's healthy chocolate), and her allergies to the animals have completely disapeared. If you would like any information about this you can visit my website under Health By Chocolate in the health and nutrition listing of mom owned businesses.

Thank you everyone!

I so understand where you are at. I had similiar questions about my daughter. But we found Juice plus and Arbonne's hybrids for kids. THey are both amazing and my daughter is so healthy. We luckily do not make regular visits to the doctor.
I have two wonderful people that can help you with either supplements and if you want more info on either product I can show you the direction to go in to look.
Best of luck,

I use of Vit C, echinacea, elderberry extract, zinc, grapefruit seed extract, garlic and oregano oil. Now you are likley to only get vit c, echincea and elderberry syrup (Sambuncol) into a 1yo. I cook a lot with garlic. Limit juices (sugar depresses the immune system) and drink a lot of water. Juice Plus as mentioned below is a good product too.

My mother in law is in to health foods, etc. and she was at Montanita Coop in the north valley one day and asked them what they recommend for an infants immune system. They told her that Children's Acidopholous works wonders (which you can buy at Wild Oats as well). I started giving to my daughter when she was around 1; half a teaspoon of the powder mixed in her milk, water, etc. once a day. She's been very, very healthy since. She attends daycare everyday, she's 2 years and 3 mo. now and the worst we've seen is a little runny nose and a little cough that doesn't last very long. I swear by the stuff! Good luck.

Hi B.. I ee that you've already received tons of responses, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in as well. :)
I totally know what you're talking about. I just enrolled my 3.5 year old son in a Montessori preschool program and was worried about him getting sick too. I just started giving him an awesome vitamin punch for kids. He loves it and it tastes really good. It's specifically meant to help combat getting sick! It has all kinds of vitamins and antioxidants to help their little immune systems stay strong. I've included the details below. Hope this helps!

Arbonne Smart Nutritional Hybrids:
Arbonne introduces a new way to make daily nutrition easier to swallow ... Arbonne Smart Nutritional Hybrids™. It’s a perfect combination of superfood antioxidants and digestive enzymes with core vitamins and minerals, in conjunction with targeted botanicals, to meet the dietary needs of men and women. It’s so smart, it’s patent-pending. Hybrid energy is not just for cars ... it’s for everybody and it’s only from Arbonne!

Daily Power Punch for Kids: This great-tasting power punch drink mix combines super food antioxidants with core vitamins and minerals known to support children's health. It has no artifical flavors, color or sweeteners.

Proprietary Blend: Super ProFood Blend™ for kids

Key Ingredients: Vitamins and minerals, whole food fruit and vegetables

Recommended For: Daily vitamin and mineral supplementation for children 24 months and older.

Comes in a 30 packet/30-day supply in delicious Very Berry flavor.

If you'd like a FREE SAMPLE or to check it out and order online, please feel free to visit my website at: www.mandyolsen.myarbonne.com.
Enjoy and good health!

Sincerely,
M. O.
Arbonne International
Executive Area Manager and Independent Consultant
###-###-####

Hi:

In addition to the advice you have already received, please spend the time to visit NAET.com, order and read the book "Say Good-Bye to Children's Allergies." If you want to do more research on the subject, you may also want to go to narfnet.org (Nambudripad Allergy Research Foundatin). There are now over 9000 NAET certified practitioners world wide. I go to Dr. David Karaba in Fullerton and absolutely love him. His phone number is ###-###-####. One of the wonderful things about NAET is that for children or the infirm, they can be treated through a surrogate, i.e., you. Here is the description paragraph from the book information.

"Say Good-bye to Children’s Allergies
By - Devi S. Nambudripad, D.C., L.Ac., R.N., Ph.D.
Paperback-1st Edition 2000
350 pages, 8.5’ X 5.5’ X .75’
ISBN: ISBN: 0-###-###-####-8-4
In Say Good-bye to Children’s Allergies, Dr. Devi S. Nambudripad, the developer of NAET®, will help you understand your child’s illness and will assist you in finding the right help to achieve better health for your child. This book will show you how certain commonly used products in your foods and environment can cause health problems in your child; how you can test your child in your privacy of your own home using the Nambudripad’s Testing Techniques described in the book. This book will educate you how your child’s health problems can relate to allergy, a traditionally under-diagnosed or misdiagnosed condition; and, how allergies can manifest into myriad symptoms that might seem unrelated. The author also provides remedies for mild conditions of common childhood ailments arising from allergies and how to find help in assisting your child find the right help for serious problems such as, asthma, hay-fever, common colds, sinus problems, milk allergy, peanut allergy, sugar allergy, hives, gastritis, vomiting, colic for newborns, ear infections, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, bronchitis, drug reactions, and many other conditions. Dr. Nambudripad explains how allergies are often the underlying causes to pediatric problems and how NAET® testing procedures and NAET® treatments can offer relief from these allergies. The book is supported by NAET® practitioners’ testimonials and patients’ success stories."

IMMUNE BOOSTING INGREDIENTS

1. Acidophilus (or mixed probiotics), the kind that require refrigeration

2. Echinacea with Graperoot tincture

3. Garlic

4. Vitamin C with Bioflavinoids, can be purchased together or separate

5. Propolis, a.k.a. bee pollen

6. Grapefruit seed extract, preferably with OJ because it is bitter by itself!

As far as dosages/amounts to give your child, please consult a doctor or herbalist.

When my kids have a fever, I let them "burn off the bug" and only give them Tylenol if they get very uncomfortable, need to sleep, or the fever runs abnormally high for their age bracket. This is another great way to keep your child's immune system healthy. Do not always suppress their natural defense mechanisms.

C. McCollett
CBE, Doula, Midwife Assistant
The Westside Birth Connection
###-###-####
www.westsidebirthconnection.com
Treasurer, Pikes Peak Regional Doula Association
www.csdoulas.com
Volunteer, Operation Special Delivery
www.operationspecialdelivery.com

Hi B.~

So sorry to hear about your little one. A little over a year ago, my boys were always sick! They would get the flu at least once a month and the colds and running noses were non stop!
I tried several supplements on the market but then a friend of mine introduced me to the Pharmanex line. They have supplements and a fantastic drink called G3.

G3 is a nutrient-rich juice from the prized gac "superfruit" of southern Asia, whose nutritional benefits have been scientifically demonstrated to protect cells. Among gac's potent phytonutrients are a unique and highly-bioavailable form of carotenoids called "lipocarotenes™" that provide powerful antioxidant protection while supporting healthy immune function. The G3 formula was developed with 3 additional superfruits-Chinese lycium, Siberian pineapple, and cili fruit-that synergistically provide exponential benefits. G3 has a great taste (my family loves it) that is deliciously sweet, slightly tart and can be enjoyed daily by everyone.

Phamanex also has this BioPhotonic Scanner that really shows your antioxidant levels.. I had my entire family scanned before starting with the G3 and children's supplements called Jungamals. My boys were really low but now that they are on the G3 and vitamins, their antioxidant levels have tripled and they've been flu and cold free! Of course they still get the coughs but they don't last as long. Dr offices are now using the scanner to help promote eating healthy.. I think a lot of people will understand the importance once they see a visual of how low their score can be when they don't eat the right foods.

For more info you can go to: http://pharmanex.com or contact me at:
Consultant for Pharmanex and NuSkin
###-###-####

Best of luck,

The way to boost a child's immune system is by eating fruits and vegetables which carry the antioxidants and phytonutrients that humans need. It is hard to get a 1 year old to eat as many of these as she needs. There is a whole food supplement that is proven to work extremely well for this problem. It is called Juice Plus. It is 17 fruits, vegetables and grains, dehydrated and put in a chewable, capsule or gummie form. Your daughter would be able to eat the chewables at one year old. You might want to break them up into smaller pieces for easier eating, or crush them and mix them in her baby food. My 18 month old grandson loves them, and has been eating them since he was 10 months old. Juice Plus will raise Jordan's antioxidant level within a month. Staying on it will continue to increase her health and balance her immune system. Some Pediatricians are so focused on illness and treatment, that they do not have the best information for prevention of illness. Prevention is the way to go and Juice Plus is the most throughly researched whole food supplement in the world. There are 12 research studies on Juice Plus, done by major universities and medical facilities and published in major medical and nutritional journals. Many more research studies are on the way. Check out www.madjuicer.com to find out about Juice Plus and the research. You'll be glad you did. It will help your child.

I feed my daughter a mixture of kale and avocado just about every day, and she has only had a couple of mild colds in her life. She is four now and has been eating kale and avocado since she was one. I buy a couple batches of organic kale, wash it, take out the tough stems, then steam it in a big soup pot (1/2 inch water at the bottom should do it). Transfer to a food processor, cool, then spoon into ice cube trays to freeze. I give my daughter 2-3 cubes of kale per serving mashed up with 1/4 avocado. Heat the kale before adding the avocado. She still complains about eating it (other times telling my how it is so good), but knows that it feeds her body's "soldiers" to keep her strong and healthy. I really think the addition of dark leafy greens to her diet keeps her healthy. If we run out of avocado we mix the kale with cream cheese.

1 / 3