Johnson Baby Oil STAIN

I spill some Johnson Baby oil on my good tan colored leather purse do anyone have knowledge of a way that I can remove this oil from my purse or do I have to throw my purse away?

Not too sure since it's leather, but I use Palmolive on my grease stains. Rub it in gently and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Carefully rinse and pray that you can keep your purse!

if you can blot any, do that first, then put baking soda, cornstarch, or talcum powder on it to draw it out. Rub it in gently, let it sit for 1/2 hour, then brush off the powder and check the stain. You can repeat the process too.
Next, lay the fabric over a thic rag or a heavy fold of paper towles. Work from the back of the fabric and blot with energine cleaning fluid. Change the pad as needed and repeat if necessary.
If that doesn't work, see if the dry cleaner has a suggestion.

If you can't get the stain out, try oiling the whole purse just a little...then clean the whole thing. (You don't want the oil to attract dirt) it will darken up the leather a bit, but then it will be uniform. I never like to throw away a nice bag.

Try some Dawn dishwashing liquid. Then blot well. Good luck:)

Maybe some powder to soak up the oil, but best bet is to take it to a professional cleaner. Leather is pourous like our skin, it soaks up oil. Sorry...

My husband's brother got motor oil on his leather jacket. The dry cleaner at least made it less noticable. Maybe one can help with this one.

And I still have no clue why he would change the oil wearing a leather jacket.

Yeah... some baby powder.. sprinkle baby powder all over the stain so it is well covered and then rinse off. I know its leather, but if the baby powder doesn't work, try dish washing liquid. It will cut through the grease and get rid of the stain.

Aarti.

1 / 3