Jogging Stroller Recommendations - Denton,TX

i am looking for a great jogging stroller. i would like it be nice and stylish, but that is not the #1 priority. i am training for a 5K right now, and then for a half marathon in september, and i'd like to do some of the training when i have my youngest at home with me. thanks!

You may want to try craigslist. I bought my jogging stroller from there; it is an All terrain stroller that usually cost $249 but the mother I bought it from sold it to me for $80. It was in great condition. I used my stroller to jog on streets, wilderness trails, mud...etc. Everyone like mine due to it also has a large hood and an attachment on top for drinks & snacks for the kid; cup holders, and additional attachment accessories on the bottom. Look for an All Terrain jogging stroller, with the wheels that are all the same size...mine isn't one with that tiny wheel in front; my has large wheels; plus its very comfortable for my child. I hope you find something you like.

I don’t have one but was considering researching them because a regular stroller doesn work well with fitness walking either. Anyway you can try them out at Lonestar Baby and Kids. They have most of the brands in store.

Hands down, without a doubt.....the Bob Revolution Stroller, either the single or the double are awesome!

have to agree about the bob strollers. they are great! had a bob ironman with my first but it had a fixed wheel and was hard to turn, but still a comfy ride. i now have a bob revolution duallie and can easily run while pushing 2 of my butterballs in it. the wheel can be fixed or swivel, the seats fold back really far and the hood comes down pretty far as well. kind of pricey but worth every penny especially with the distances you will be running. good luck with your training and races!

I would recommend taking a look at the Joovy Zoom 360. This stroller competes with the Bob stroller and is less expensive. BabiesRus sells it for $199. There are 2 models, the 360 (front wheel swivel and lock option) and the ATS (fixed front wheel). I did a lot of research because of money restraints, and found this stroller. Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to get it, so I don't have personal experience with it. But, I think it's worth checking it out, especially if you are on a budget. Here is the manufactures site (which has video), and youtube reviews.
http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_zoom.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tYWG7zoMp8

While BOB is the best, there are several other that are great too. The Baby Jogger FIT is a really nice one and has the Baby Jogger one hand fold. Its is also pretty compact in terms of joggers. You want something with thick air tires and for the amount of running you are going to be doing, you want a 16" stationary front wheel. Another option is the Tike Tech. That is what I have. It compares to the Baby Jogger, its a little less expensive. I got this stroller when my son was about 6 months old - he is now 3 and we still use it. I have ran several 5K's and a Half marathon myself, so I know it can handle the amount of training runs. My husband also uses it and he runs a 5 min mile with it. The reason the BOB is so great is because its shock system, its attempts to create as very little bumps as possible. However, if you are going to be running on flat surfaces, its really not all that necassary to spend all that $. I have even done trail runs with my jogger and its been just fine.
Good luck to you on your races!

There is one by Baby Trend that retails for $150 to $200 at Babies RUs. It is fabulous and all of the reviews on their website say it is AS good, if not better, than BOB.

I can't recomend a particular stroller but will chime in with some things to consider...
Will it fit in your trunk? I have an old babytrend double jogger and cant take it places because it wont fit in my trunk.
How heavy is it? My babytrend, plus 50 pounds worth of kids, is quite heavy. Its much more difficult to run with the stroller than without. In some ways, I guess that is good from a training perspective, because when you run without it, you feel so light and free!
Do any of your friends have one you could try out?
Once you decide what you want, try craigslist. Lots of people have nearly new jogging strollers they are trying to get rid of - either because they now need a double, or because this jogging thing didnt work out and they need space in their garage.

1 / 3