Infant CPR Class

Updated on August 23, 2008
Q.W. asks from Austin, TX

Hello! I am looking for an infant/pediatric only CPR class. There are so many websites and they are a bit confusing. Has anyone taken one that they recommend? I live in Central Austin, but don't mind driving elsewhere. Thanks!!!!!

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

S.K.

answers from Austin on

Seton offers one on their website - www.goodhealth.com. It's not for official certification but thorough - more designed for parents/care givers. I took it and the instructor was good. Plus small so you get to practice on the dolls. Thought this was a great idea since alot of those others scheduled were just difficult in terms of # of hours and knowing what was a good one.

J.H.

answers from Austin on

I am a certified American Heart Association/American Red Cross instructor for Adult/Child/infant CPR and first aid. I live in South Austin and will travel. It's a short easy class. Call me at home ###-###-#### I can come to your house if you like.
J. Hertenberger

A.D.

answers from Austin on

Classes are held at St. David's North Austin Medical Center
They meet on Sunday aternoons from either 12-2pm or 2-4pm.
Here are some upcoming dates:
Sept 14 Oct 12 Nov 9 Dec 14
Tuition is $35 per person. Class size is kept small. It is a "skills" course for family and friends; this is not a certification course.
For information to register call ###-###-####
The Childbearing Years....they also offer Newborn Care Class
I hope this helps

A.

E.H.

answers from Austin on

You might check with the hospitals to see if they offer a class. When my nephew was born 10 weeks early, Seton suggested I take their infant CPR classes slong with his parents, since I would be his caretaker while they worked. It was free at that time, but it was 20 years ago.

E.

M.P.

answers from Austin on

Check with the Neonatal ICU at Dell Childrens and Brack and see when they offer their classes for parents.

Next question: First Aide and CPR Training