Infant Cpr Classes?

Has any one every went to a class to learn infant CPR. My daughter is just learning to eat table food and I get so nervous that I havent officially been taught and I just want to make sure I would know exactly the right thing to do if she were to choke. Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks everyone for the great advice!! I signed up for a class at our local red cross for first aid and cpr for$57.00,and found out I will be reimbured from work..yay..thanks again, everyone

I would totally recommend taking a class. I took an adult and child/infant class and I am so thankful that I did, I have not had to use it, however if I ever do that class may mean the life of my child or not. It's worth it.

I think Everyone should take CPR classes infant and adult you never know when they will come in handy. I was an EMT for a while. When my oldest and step daughter were old enough to start babysitting I put them in a babysitters class where they learned CPR. Personally I feel it should be taught in middle school around 6 or 7th grade.

I took one last May at the YMCA. I think it was around $50 and lasted about 3-4 hours. It was very helpful. I think you could go to michigan.org under child/foster care and find state reccomended CPR/Firt Aid trainers in your area.

You can check with your City Fire Department on this. I have some information regarding infant CPR (I'm certified in CPR currently)... but it is Highly recommended to go thru the course to learn the compression technique/ pressure and counts as they have all changed.

In my massage class it was the City Fire Department that taught us...

my daughter was a premie and before we could take her home from the NICU we had to take infant CPR. it's not difficult and it's comforting to know in the back of your mind that you have that tool if you should ever need it.

Hi P. R;
I would check with the local chapter of the Red Cross first and if you don't get any feedback from them, check with the local hospital and if that doesn't work, ask your peditrician...one of those three will get you someone to give you correct information at the very least.
Hope this helps,
J. M in Michigan

I'd highly recommend an infant CPR class. I took one before my son was born at a local hospital. The cost was nominal, and the information was priceless. My class covered infant, child, and adult lifesaving techniques - which is good information for you to know for both of your girls safety. Check your area hospitals or the Red Cross.

The American Red Cross has wonderful classes all of the time. I have been cirtified and renewed many times over the years. It is well worth the little bit of time and money to take that class. knowledge and expierience will take a lot of that worry away. In the mean time, remember to not reach in after something because it could lodge it. You would pick her up, lay her over your arm and give strong pats on her back with her head facing a little down. I find also with my kids that if they are a little coughed up on water or liquid I streatch their arm strait up and that seems to help (that's unafficial, but it does seem to work - just for the liquids).

1 / 3