Inexpensive Gift Idea for College Grad. with Teaching Degree

My baby sister and my niece are both graduating next week. I am wanting to get them both something special, but don't have a lot of money to spend. They are both graduating with elemetary teaching degrees. Does anyone have any ideas of a gift for them?

Wow!! You ladies have some great ideas. I am glad that I asked my question. I really appreciate all of you taking time to share your ideas. THANK YOU!

Gift cert ot a teacher supply store. Most have to spend some of their own money to decorate room. Also, a friend of mine asked me to start saving 'junk' for teaching aides like baby food jars, paper towel rolls, corks, etc... I decided to fill her a tub with lots of craft pieces: beads, ribbon, jars, glue, scissors, paper towel rolls, hand sanitizer, foam peanuts, dry beans, string, etc.... She loved it. And ..... No one else gave her what i gave her. Ps.... Kids love to help fill the tub with you.

If they have found employment I would suggest a gift certificate from a local teacher supply store :>)
Teachers always need supplies

A rolling crate or teacher bag--to haul home that inevitable teacher work on a regular basis. I just saw the crate thing at Mardel's for $25. Also, a g/c to Mardel's or Teacher Tools because of all the out of pocket $$ teachers spend, especially the first year on classroom stuff.

I would do a gift card to Mardel's, or another teaching supply store if she's not close to one. Teachers spend a fortune setting up and decorating their classrooms! I'm sure that would be much appreciated.

Give them a gift card to put toward framing that diploma to put up in their classrooms or give them a frame for their diplomas

The best gift for an elementary teaching grad would be children's books. You can also pick up personalized stamps that read "property of "Their name" to label all their personal books and belongings. This comes in handy and not many people think of it.It is also inexpensive yet personal.

You could do a tote with their name embroidered on it since they will soon be toting a bunch of things back and forth. You could also fill it with supplies - dry erase markers, eraser & cleaner, sharpies, pencils, pens, sizzors, etc.

First year teaching, it seems that I had to spend a lot of money on clothes and classroom decor. So maybe a gift card to the local teacher supply store or some place like Ann Taylor Loft or somewhere else that has semi-professional clothes?

Dollar Tree stores carry lots of teacher goodies from bulletin board border, stickers, pens, markers, pencils, sticky notes, etc. Maybe fill a basket with some of these things and don't forget everything there is a dollar!

We've given my kids' teachers cute thank you notes (mainly for the ladies). They seem to get a lot of gifts and write many thank you notes through out the year.

1 / 3