Ideas for a B-day Party for 11 Yr Old Girl

My oldest dd turns 11 the end of the month, I've given her several ideas on things we could do for her birthday party (something in the park with lots of games etc., a sleepover with just a few friends, just to name a few) Now she's thinking she just wants to do something here at the house but doesn't know what sort of "theme" she wants so I thought maybe you all would have some ideas??

A little about my dd she's a dancer (ballet, tap and jazz) she's in girl scouts, fav color is pink, loves the outdoors (campinh hiking, rock climbing)

Thanks Everyone for the great Ideas!! We've decided on a Luau theme (tho I'm afraid it's going to rain on us) We're going to have hula hoop races play some palm tree ring toss and some dolphin bowling (I found the ring toss and bowling at Michael's) I got lots of fun decorations at the dollar store and I'm making a Pink Flamingo cake (the flamingo will be wearing a tutu and ballet shoes just to throw n my dd's love of dance) Thanks again and I'll be saving all these awesome ideas for use with the other kids as well =)

I had a theme party for my daughter when she was 9. Shindigz.com has a great selection of party supplies for theme party. I also went to dollar tree and bought them crafts to do, we ordered pizza, had root beer floats and then a slumber party. I even made the invitations homemade. it was a great hit and the girls she invited still remember it 3 years later! Good luck and hope you have fun!
~J.

~J.

I have twins girls who will turn 11 later this year. We haven't talked about a birthday party yet, but if they want to do some sort of theme, I will have them check out the Birthday Party Ideas site at http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/party_ideas.html.
There are tons of ideas for all ages and the site gives awards to ones they like best. When you click on a theme, you can see all the stories written in by the people who held the party.
I used this when my girls were turning 4 and we did a Dalmatian theme. I grabbed ideas from several different stories on the site and we had a great party.
Your daughter is a great age to pick a theme and design what she wants within a budget. I hope that helps.

My daughter is also turning 11 this year, and she wants to do a slumber party. Her party theme is "day at the home spa". I will be doing their hair (I LOVE braiding cornrows) and my sister will be doing their nails, and we will both be doing their makeup. We are also going to do before and after pictures and send a CD home with them of all the pictures we take. They will have a movie and play games, and in the morning I will make a ridiculously huge breakfast and take them home. It's cheap, and they will have a great time.

If your daughter doesn't want a sleepover, you could do a pampered "day at the home spa" have pizza, cake and ice cream, and call it a night.

Good luck and what ever they do, I'm sure it will be a blast!

On my 11th birthday instead of presents I had my friends bring donations for care packages for soldiers. We wrote letters and drew pictures to include with the care packages we packed that night. Then we watched Nancy Drew movie and had a sleepover. It was great and I think it's nice to have donations instead of presents.

Emma H. age 11

A fancy tea party with costumes, flavored herbal teas, fancy finger foods, etc. might be fun. Sort of "grown up" and sophisticated but also sort of princess fantasy play. Or have a cooking party where the girls learn to make some nice recipes, everyone can decorate and take home an apron, you all cook your food and then eat and talk and have fun.

I love themes she could pick dressing from the 70's or 80's or 20's and then you focus your whole party around that theme with games and cake etc. Or even a dance party with strobe light and fog machine. There is a lot you can do with what she likes. Camping everyone bring a sleeping bag, set up tents in the house since it is to cold for outside. Roast marshmallows on the fireplace. I dont know those things sound like fun for us. My daughter is 10 and we are always doing themes. Once you get a idea they seem to come quickly

Since you say she enjoys the outdoors, have a camp out.

HI A. I AM A STAY AT HOME GRANDMA,BUT I DO THEMEED BIRTHDAY CAKES, FOR ALL AGES.I HAVE A BUSSINES LISTING,HERE ON MAMASOURCE.I HAVE BEEN DOING DECORATED CAKES FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS! I EVEN HAVE A CLIMBING WALL CAKE IF INTERESTED.MADE THIS OUT OF RICE KRISPIES TREATS.IF AT ALL INTERESTED ,PLEASE CALL ME; V.,###-###-####. OR E-MAIL ME AT:____@____.com if you need more info,please call anytime! hope this helps!!!!

1 / 3