I Need a Good CPA

My husband is an indepedent contractor, we also have a small LLC and two rental properties. Taxes are a nightmare for us. We need to file our 2007 return. We always have to pay in a huge amount. I think I will be on a payment plan with the IRS until the day I die. Our last CPA charged us a ton to do our taxes. It was the most I have ever paid for a CPA. I would like to shop around this year. Can anyone recommend a good CPA with experience in self-employmen, LLC's and rental properties? I live in Georgetown and would like to find someone here, or in Cedar Park, Leander, North Austin etc.

Thank you,

I am looking as well somewhat same situation, so could you forward me the responses you get? Thanks! ____@____.com

Not sure what you mean by a "huge amount" but, my husband and I had a huge mess to fix between being self employed, switching jobs & lots of medical bills. We were nervous about hiring a CPA as we had always done our own taxes. Our CPA Mark Vargas (MK Vargas & Associates) got it all untangled and saved us a lot of $. He charged around $450 or so, but from what we saved, it was so worth it. He came highly recommended to us and has been great with helping us deal with the IRS etc... He is very available for us to call and ask questions. His office is located in Austin off of 183 and Ohlen (by Burnet). Number is ###-###-####.

DEBORA STEINBACH - CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT. She is with the firm, BARGSLEY, ANDREWS & STEINBACH CPAS, LLP. Her number is ###-###-#### EXT 15. I have known her for years and she does our taxes. Hubby and I both own businesses. She is very good and is interested in the whole picture and helping you set up processes that will make tax time easier for next year. Good luck.

Please call Able Espinoza at ###-###-####. He has two locations - one at 5555 N. Lamar and another one around the 183/Burnet area. I recognize either one is not close to Georgetown but I think his fees are reasonable. Worth the call at least.

I am not sure if Breedlove and Associates covers this specifically, but they are an excellent tax service for small businesses and families with in home employees.

They may have CPAs that they could recommend to you. They have an outstanding reputation and I would trust their referrals based on dealing with them for years.

D. ;)

L. - I would contact Brandon Moore at Singleton, Moore and Company. I was really impressed with him, when I met him during a class he taught - through Wmson Cty Board of Realtors - my name is T. Emerson, and I'm a realtor. If you're looking for someone just to do a 'quick tax' statement, he's probably too expensive. Rather, I think he's more of an advocate on making sure you are organized to best work your assets 'for you'....and will also do your taxes....

Good luck...His # is ###-###-####. And they are located right on Bell Rd (by Austinatious Autos)...in Cedar Park.

Beverly Straub is awesome!
http://cpalady.biz/

L., I am self-employed and I can highly recommend a good, honest Christian man who has done my business and family taxes for 2 years and came highly recommended to me by several other people. He is also reasonable with fees.
Douglas C. Wilson, CPA He lives in Pflugerville. Phone number is ###-###-####. Hope things work out for you.

J. Martin

1 / 3