How to Remove Water Stains Etc from Glass Shower Doors.

What is the best/fastest way to remove water stains from my glass shower doors? I clean the shower doors every week but just can't seem to get rid of the water stains. If you have a quick easy way to clean the doors I would love to hear it. Also, any tips on getting the whole door clean when the doors overlap always blocking a portion on the door?

I have to agree with Janet...Tub N Tile is the best! It's easy and again, no harsh chemicals or toxins!!!

I use "Tub and Tile" in my bathroom. It is awesome. I just spray it on and wipe it off. The best part is that it is free of harsh chemicals. Even with my very sensitive hands I can clean my bathroom and not breakout! Contact me for more information on this and other products that are just as fantastic.

I have a hard time with that as well and have found that if I clean the glass with Comet then spray with shower spray (dollar store brand will do. $1) after every shower, it stays clean longer. Just put a little comet on a wet cloth and rub on glass and rinse. It gets the water stains right off and leaves the glass looking crystal clear.

33 answers, page 1 of 5

You won't believe this but it actually works. I discovered this from "Hints from Heloise" in the morning news a couple of years ago. Its the best!

mix 1/3 cup of salt
2 tablespoons or more of vinegar to form a paste.
apply w/a damp rag and let it stand for 20 minutes....scrub off and simply rinse & dry.

My shower doors were once cloudy...and I used all kinds of commercial cleansers w/no luck. Tried this vinegar cleanser and viola...my shower doors were clear as crystal! It was truly amazing. Good luck! Let me know if it works for you.

I have to agree that the mr. clean magic eraser works wonders on my (very large) glass shower door as well. Also to prevent the water stains from coming back, I apply rain-x to the glass. (used for your car windows to make the water roll off) It REALLY works, you should try it! The cheapest place I found to get the rain-x was home depot.

Vinegar. Spay and let it sit then wipe it down. If some of it doesn't come off treat again. It's also possible your doors are etched especially where they overlap. It's a common problem around here because the mineral content in the water is high. Also, a squeegee helps a whole lot. We use a California Waterblade - in the auto department at Target- and it works really well, I think because it's silicone and made to use on cars so it's really flexible.

I clean mine with a product with Oxy-clean in it, and it is much easier. Then, spray your doors with Rain-X.

"Clean Shower" from Arm & Hammer. you just pray the door everytime you get out of the shower, you never have to clean it! It stays crystal clear!!!

Just a couple of weeks ago I found an incredible product, Scrub Free Deep Clean. I bought it just because I needed a new cleaner, I had never heard anything about it. I used it on a dry shower and left it on for a couple of minutes ( with 3 kids I often get sidetracked). When I went back, the shower already looked better. I used a wet sponge with a no scratch pad and wiped it down followed by a water rinse. My door has NEVER looked so good! My house is 18 years old, although new to me about 4 months. I figured the stains were permanent. Not so! I was so excited about the cleaner I told everyone I knew!

Not sure about about overlapping doors. Try spraying this inbetween & rinse with water. It might look a little better afterward.

Mom to 4 ages 6, 5 & 3

1 / 3