How to Get Vomit Smell Out of Fabric

Over the weekend, my daughter got a nasty stomach virus. Needless to say we have some nasty stains and the awful smell is still lingering. She got it on our kitchen chair cushions and on our couch. We've taken care of the couch stains and odor, but it is still lingering on the kitchen chairs. For those of you who've been through this before, I'd appreciate any cleaning tips you have. Thanks

Thank you for all the wonderful cleaning advice! I purchased Simple Solutions today and applied it to my chair cushions and the smell is already gone! I thought this was the best choice for my family since we have 2 dogs that make their own fair share of messes too. I really appreciate all of your helpful advice and now I am prepared the next time my family goes though this again.

I just saw this, we are professional cleaners and use products that eliminate the smell with this. If you still need help, call me!
###-###-####

There are several products from a company called Melaleuca that have high grade tea tree oil in it. They work great and they're safe for babies. They will take the stain and odor out quite nicely.

Try Odo-ban.... I found it at Home Depot for about $10.00 a gallon (in the Cleaning Supplies Section) My oldest son went to summer camp and left his wet clothes in a tote for a week. The clothes smelled DISGUSTING!!! I thought they were ruined. But Odo-ban got the smell out. I washed his clothes and added a cup to the rinse cycle. Problem solved. Try it : )

Try sprinkiling baking soda on the spots and letting it sit for awhile. That should help. Letting them sit outside to air out will help, too(once this rain is gone!). Good luck!

You must have had the same virus we had. All three of my children (5,4, and 16 mos) had it along with my husband. I've never seen so much vomit in my life!! We too, got it on our sofa cushion as well as some diarrhea. Lovely, huh? Well, we used a product called "Simple Solutions" that we had previously purchased for use on pet stains. We got it at Petco or Petsmart but I hear you can also get it at Home Depot. It's in a spray bottle like Windex. You saturate the problem area, wait ten minutes and then blot it dry. Repeat as necessary. It really is amazing stuff. It even got an entire cup of coffee out of my cream colored coffee. There is no coffee, vomit or diarrhea smell left. Praise God!!! Hope that helps!

We went through this last week with 2 kids so I totally understand what your going through. I hope you daughter is feeling better. What worked for my kitchen chairs was Woolite oxy carpet and upholstery cleaner (the bottle was blue and said something about being good for pet stains and odors). I used baking soda in the wash with the clothing and blankets and that worked great too.

We use a spray bottle of 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water for cleaning. Our main use is pet problems, but it works for everything. It smells strongly like vinegar when you put it on things, but both smells go away when it dries. Vinegar works in the laundry too.

Get a bottle of Bac out from wholefoods or earthfare!

I found a product that I use for my professional cleaning at a pet store. It is called Nature's Miracle. And boy is it! It is just a bottle full of enzymes that eat ANY biological stain. It doesn't just cover it up- it gets rid of the stain completely (those guys can reallly eat!) and therefore it gets rid of the smell too. I found it at PetSupermarket for 8.50 per bottle.

1 / 3