How to Get Rid of Ants

Hi moms,

Does anyone have any non-toxic remedy for getting rid of black ants? I just walked into the laundry room and there were 3, I am now in another room and 2 more appeared. I have no idea where they are coming from or how to get rid of them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
H.

To get rid of ants, put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!

find where they are getting in or the ant hill outside and put grits around it. As gross as it sounds, the ants eat them and then explode as their bellies can't handle it. Sorry for being graphic, but it works. I've used it on red ants (the biting kind) when I lived in Florida.

H.,
I don't know if black ants will respond to chili powder but many kinds of ants do. You can sprinkle it around and most of the time they go. However, if they are carpenter ants you may have a bigger problem. ACE Hardware stores sell a product called Terrot. You just put a little liquid on a card and place the card in some hard to find place. Works the best that I have ever used in a short time.

Here's a great list I found.
http://greenbabyguide.com/2008/06/22/natural-solutions-fo...

In addition, you should seal up any cracks in the walls, near windows or the foundation, especially in the basement where bugs can get in.

H.,

We had them in our RV and someone told me about bay leaves. I put them in little dishes and in back of drawers. We went the whole summer with no black ants and very few spiders. There's a very good exterminator, L'il Bugger, in Manalapan ###-###-####, if you're close to them. Good prices.

Hi H.,
Try the chalk. For the other products contact me. ###-###-####) www.saferforall.net
Hope that helps.

Ants, ants, ants everywhere ... Well, they are said to never cross a chalk line. So,
Get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march. See for yourself.Spray PreSpot or ToughNtender or SolUmel there....

Hi H.,

I know this one. LOL Use Vinager, my mother-in-law told me this one. Put vinager and water in a spray bottle and spray the area for 2 weeks even if you don't see them. My mother-in-law had a major problem and cleared it up this way. They like sweets so there are getting it from somewhere. Watch them, you should see where they are coming in and out from. They will find any little crum. And with kids as we know, we can not find it all. ;/ This is a natural way. Good Luck! :)

We also had a problem with ants that would return year after year to our kitchen, on the outside walls only. It was suggested to me to try pouring a line of regular table salt along the cracks where they would come up through. Apparantly the salt dries up all the fluids in their little ant bodies and they die. At least this is an inexpensive and chemical-free remedy...safer if you have pets and young kids in the house. I have not yet tried it, as the suggestion was made after they "left" last year. As long as they return in April (their favorite time for their annual visit!), we'll be sweeping up salted ants in no time!

1 / 3