How NOT to Catch the Stomach Virus/ Flu?

Hi well my husband was throwing up since around midnight. He has something. I cant get him to remember to take his vitamins.
Anyhow my kids and I usually take mult vitamin,vitamin D, vitamin C ever day. I also take additonally vitamins. We always get our flu shots every year.

Any people have good suggestions not to catch it. I don't my kids missing school.

Also I am using Lysol disfentant spray. Thanks for your responses. I went out and bought proboitic andmore lysol wipes

I change the bathroom hand towels every day. Each person has their own in a color they can easily recognize.
If guests come to house I change the towels in the bath once they leave. That is I put out fresh ones.
I have 2 sets of everything in the kitchen so I can wash in hot water or dishwasher asap and still cook a meal.
Yes I am a clean freak. I have the wicker baskets for dirty clothes. I use the plastic ones for clean clothes.
I change the towels in the kitchen every day. There is one for hands and another for dishes. Never use one for the other. I bought terry ones for the kitchen that are halfway between a small bath towel and a hand towel size.
I wash my hands endlessly between tasks and taught my children to do so as well.

Take a LOT of extra vitamin C....you can take up 5 thousand MG a day. Spread it out throughout the day. You won't over dose, what ever the body does not use, it will flush out. Skip the flu shot...they are worse then the flu itself.

I never had any luck using lysol to spray surfaces but I spray it in the air and that seems to work since lots of cooties are airborne.

I also use the clorox wipes on everything when someone has a tummy bug. Wipe everything down several times per day

Wash the sheets, towels in the hottest water possible. No sharing towels for anyone.

Use paper towels to dry hands rather than hand towels till everyone is better.

Try to keep him contained to one room if possible like master bed/bath. That will help a lot.

Flu shot and vitamins unfortunately won't help prevent tummy bugs. They are just nasty and spread so easily/rapidly that sometimes it's impossible to avoid.

Well throwing up is not the flu so getting the flu shot will not help you with a stomach virus. The only way to prevent getting it is stay away from him and wash wash wash wash and wash your hands some more. Also if hubby or I are sick the healthy one sleeps out on the couch and the sick one stays confined to the bedroom we do the same thing with the kids if one of them is sick I also use a lot of Lysol every time someone sick goes in the bathroom the toilet gets wiped down and the room sprayed door knobs, faucet, sink, etc my oldest had h1n1 last year and doing this prevented it from spreading throug the entire house.

Quarentine your husband!!! LOL!

Hi C. - As some of the others have mentioned, the stomache flu is one of the many viruses we are exposed to that can't be vaccinated away. Taking vitamins and staying healthy will help your immune system be strong and you will recover faster. We've been hit with the stomach flu the last two winters, and it's terrible! I'm sorry for you, and I thought I would share a few tips. Camping out on the floor, on a bed of bath towels or old blankets, is a good idea for kids once vomiting starts. You can keep a bowl next to them at that point and damage control the mess. Give them pedialyte when they can drink something, and that will help you and hubby too. You only hold an immunity to most viral intestinal illnesses for a few months, so this can hit again and again. I hope you don't get it, good luck!

It's an awful bug that is highly contagious and can't be really helped. Chances are they have already been exposed. Sorry.
The good thing is these bugs are generally short lived, and don't cause anything serious. Lysol and wipe down everything. Keep those hands washed and keep him away from the rest of the family (use seperate bathrooms).

Yes to all the things below. No amount of vitamins can prevent the stomach bug, and it's not the same thing as the flu for which you get flu shots.

As well as isolating him and not letting him share the same bathroom as the kids if possible, I also would use Clorox or Lysol wet wipes on doorknobs he may have touched before you realized he was coming down with it. And any he has touched since then. My husband confines himself to our room and bathroom (fortunately attached) when he's sick and I use disinfecting wipes all over the rest of the house in case he was contagious, but not throwing up yet, before he was shut away in one room. Paper plates etc. for all his food also helps eliminate worry and means I don't feel worried about his dishes sitting in the kitchen sink if I can't wash his dishes immediately in very hot water....

1 / 3