How Do You Make Meatloaf?

We normally use the Rachael Ray recipe in our house. Quick, easy, and yummy. (2 lbs hamburger, equal parts of BBQ sauce and salsa, breadcrumbs.)

Tonight I want a normal recipe though. I took out 2 lbs of hamburger and 1 lb of sausage, not knowing what I'll use. My parents add the sausage and it's yummy! I'm waiting to hear back from them now on their recipe.

So in the meantime, how do you make yours?

I never thought of using oats! I do have a huge thing of Quaker Oats from our failed attempt at oatmeal raisin cookies over Christmas...maybe I'll use some of those!

Those sound amazing!! Looks like I'll be making different variations until we find another one we love!

Wow! I really will be excited to try the different variations!! I made my mom and dad's recipe tonight...which like Riley calls for the bread soaked in milk. They use half hamburge and half sausage, whatever veggies they feel like (I used onion and carrots tonight), garlic, salt, dill weed, and 1-2 eggs. I thought mine was a little runny so I added in some bread crumbs. There is NONE left!! The kids all loved it and hubby and I have what was left packed for our lunches tomorrow.

I am definitely going to try some of these other recipes too - thanks mamas!

I use Paula Deen's Old Fashioned Meatloaf recipe, it is sooo good and really easy. Here is the link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-fashion...

Literally just made it to pop in the over tonight!
1lb ground beef
1/2 C minced onion
1 egg
1/2 C crushed saltines
2 tbps water
3/4 tsp salt

Bake for 35 minutes.
Comes out with a nice subtle onion flavor, and I put Worsteschire (sp?) sauce on mine instead of ketchup.
YUM!

I can't remember exact quantities since I'm not home:

ground beef
onion
oatmeal
egg
salt & pepper
Worcestershire sauce
garlic

I use 1 or 2 pounds of hamburger, a package of lipton dry vegetable soup mix, and half a cup of water. my grandma made it this way and we loved it.....doesn't taste as good as it did when she did it though....then again nothing tastes as good as it did when grandma made it lol

I take 2 parts hamburger to 1 part sausage (basically what you have) and add oats, ketchup, mustard, an egg, and whatever spices I feel like having. I mix it up with my hands (sometimes I have to add more oats or another egg depending on how it feels) and put it in a loaf pan, bake on 350 until cooked through. When it's nearly done (like 20 minutes out) I mix ketchup with brown sugar and put it on top and continue to bake.

I'm sorry I don't have exact measurements. I don't use exact measurements in my meatloaf.

I made meatloaf Sunday night and it was the best one I had done in long while.

2-3 pounds ground beef (or whatever ground meat you use)
2 slices of bread run through water so it is mush
diced up onion (depending on how much your family likes it)
2 eggs
salt and pepper on the top

Mix it all together. Salt and pepper the top to taste. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes (until it's not pink).

I also use this recipe for hamburgers sometimes.

Ridiculous No-Fail Meatloaf
Don't expect any leftovers.

Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 1 hour
Bake @ 375 F
Servings: 6-8

2 lbs Lean ground meat, beef/veal, turkey/chicken, and/or pork or combo of them. I like a 40% pork/40%turkey or chicken/20% veal blend.

1 pkg. STOVE TOP stuffing mix, I use whichever flavor suits my family's taste at the time or the season. When making a double batch I use two different flavors.

1 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup or tomato based BBQ sauce, divided 1/4 cup for loaf and 1/4 cup for top, I like more for the top.
2 eggs, beaten
* optional- 1/2 a handful of raisins, dates or figs

MIX- all ingredients except the 1/4 cup of the ketchup.
SHAPE- meat mixture into oval loaf in a 12 x 8-inch baking dish, top with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup.
BAKE- at 375 F for 1 hour or until center is no longer pink.

These all sound good! On my last meatloaf, I actually used a cupcake/muffin pan to make 24 individual meatloaf "muffins". They turned out great and the kids REALLY enjoyed eating their own individual mini-meatloaves. Plus it was easy to portion out the leftovers without having to pull out a whole loaf to slice it up. But mostly, it was just a fun way to eat meatloaf!

Laurie’s meatloaf
Ingredients
1 1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground Turkey
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped poblano pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Bread crumbs (torn up pieces of bread)
(optional 1 cup,cubed american cheese, placed in the center of the meatloaf)
Topping:
1 Can Rotel tomatoes diced.
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf. Pour Rotel on top and bake for 1 hour.

Hamburger
bread crumbs
1 egg
ketchup
worchestershire
mustard

I have found the key is a meatloaf *pan*. One that lets the grease drain out. I spent 10 years trying to make grandma's recipe and it always sucked and fell apart. MIL gave me the right pan - voila!

I use Lipton Onion Soup mix and the recipe on the back. My family loves it!

1 / 3