How Do You Know Whether You Miscarried?

My fiance and I are trying to have another child in the future and im not sure if we had succeeded or not. I started three days early and only bled for two days. Then I started bleeding on the day that I would normally and have bled for two more days off and on. I dont mean the spotting kind this was heavy and sometimes would be bright red others would be dark red (normal). At one point it was brown like it does when you start to stop. The pain has been unbearable a few times. A lot of the pain seems like it is from a normal pregnancy but all the test ive taken have come back negative. I just worried because i've never had a miscarriage. If anyone knows the signs or symptoms please help me understand them. If you have miscarried yourself I am deeply sorry and I hurt deeply for all of you because that is something that no mother should have to go thru. Thank you for all the help.

I would call your doctor and have them do a blood test. Your symptoms seem similar to the ones I had when I had a miscarriage. I had spotty periods 2 months in a row, but each time I took a pregnancy test (I took 4 of them), they came out negative. The day I was going in for tests to figure out why I was having the spotty periods, I miscarried, but didn't know it. The pain was so bad I had to pull over on the highway on the way to my test, and I had serious heavy bleeding. 2 weeks later I rec'd my test results and they showed that I was pregnant, the hcg was just so low the pregnancy test couldn't detect it, therefore, I did have a miscarriage the day I thought. I am also O- and my husband is O+, so I was worried that I hadn't had the RH factor shot within the 72 hr window, but as it turned out, I didn't have any antibodies.

Have you talked to your doctor? You may need to be checked for a tubal pregnancy. Is your blood type negative? If so then you may need a shot of Rhogam. I'd call the doctor just to be sure & yes I had 2 miscarriages.

Hi, D.,

I have had a miscarriage and what is called a chemical pregnancy. That is when the process starts but for some reason the egg doesn't attatch or there is another malfunction and it spontaneously aborts. It is very early on that the chemical pregnancy goes south, so alot of women have them and don't even know. They just think they are having a heavy, more painful period. Usually with a chemical pregnancy you know because it shows up on an at home pregnancy test.

You could have had a chemical pregnancy or you could have just had a freaky period. They happen and they are so upsetting. Life is so crazy that, as bizarre as it seems, there are times when the only thing you CAN count on is your period, and when things don't run like they are supposed to it's like someone tipped your apple cart.

Good luck with the pregnancy plans. I firmly believe that all children are a gift from God himself, and he knows exactly when he plans for that little one to arrive, so just rest easy and have fun trying!

I had a miscarriage in between my two kiddos. Here are the basics: I knew that I was pregnant with positive pregnancy tests. Then, at 10 weeks, I started bleeding and cramping. 2 days later I miscarried naturally. Since I as 10 weeks along, I could see the baby, who was about the size of my thumb. 7-10 days later my bleeding stopped on its own. I'm not sure if you weren't sure if you were pregnant before. As I said, I had had positive pregnancy tests and other signs that I was pregnant before I miscarried. If you were too early to see the baby or the baby died but is still in your uterus, I guess having an ultrasound would be the way to find out. But I would check with your dr. I pray that this isn't something that you are going through, as it is so very hard.

I had a miscarriage a year and a half ago when my son was only 1. I was 7 weeks along at the time. The morning it happened was a normal morning and remember feeling a gush. The bleeding started at that point and lasted for an entire week solid. I do remember some cramping but nothing sever. I would encourage you to talk with your dr's office about the situation as you never know what it could be. I am sure they would be happy to talk with you via phone so you don't have to make a visit unless you know it is medically necessary. Looking back now I am still sad that I lost a child, but I know in the end God was watching out for my family as we now have a beautiful 6 month old baby girl. not sure if any of this has helped, but if you have any other questions just let me know. Good luck and God Bless

The only way to know for sure is to have a blood test to see what your HCG quantitive level is. If is increased then, you could have been pregnant. I would see your OB/GYN just to make sure, especially if you are having that much pain... Good luck!!!!

G.

When I miscarried,I was 6 to 8 weeks along, I bled for two days, very bad, with a lot of lower back pains. The bleeding was worse than any period that I have ever had. The back pain was horrible. I think that you should contact your doctor and they can tell by doing a blood test. I miscarried with my first pregnancy and went on to have two perfectly healthy boys, don't give up.

I miscarried twice and it was the most painful, emotionally and physically, thing ever. In the beginning I had missed my period and then "didn't feel right". Both tests came back positive, but I miscarried before eight weeks. The doctor wan do a blood test if you're concerned. It may have been a heavier than usual period. But if it wa a miscarriage, please don't worry. I have two healthy kids now, thanks to hormonal treatments (I had a LUteal Phase Defect). Call your doctor of you're really worried.

M. mom of two

1 / 3