How Do We Get Sponsors for Our Daughters Competition Cheer Expenses?

My daughter loves to tumble and tried out and made it on a competive squad for her age group. We can not afford the expense of it. Others have talked about getting sponsors for her. I am not out going or a sales person. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I used to get sponsors for pageants which went ok but not great. I was also on dance team and had to pay for a lot of uniforms and trips so we started doing fund raisers. We would go to Sam's and buy the large packages of candy baras and such and go door to door selling them for $1 or so depending on what it was or how big it was. I paid for a lot of stuff this way. Sponsors are more for a one time event. For fund raisers candy bars are usually good because people don't mind spending $1 on a candy bar to help out a student and they get their product right then and there. I used to sell to the same poeple many times because they would eat what they had bought and would want more. Good Luck and Congrats.

My son is on a select baseball team and I asked some contractors at work for sponsorships for the team. In our sponsorship package we give all sponsors a team baseball cap with their company name on it and a letter of recommendation. The more higher end sponsor(s) get a plaque w/team pic on it. The highest sponsor(s) will get a team trophy also etc... We also had a bat-a-ton and asked for pledges per hit.(That was a huge success).
We are thinking about doing the spinners or scratch&help fundraiser from this website: http://www.abcfundraising.com/Cheerleading-Fundraiser.htm
Also try some of these sites: http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-&...=
We are now planning to go to a tournament in Galveston in July. I know these things can be very competitive and get very expensive. Good luck and best wishes!

From personal experience cheerleading is a very expensive sport. The more they win the more competitions they will go to. You could ask family members to give "donations" instead of birthday, xmas gifts etc.... Also you could ask the gym if they need any help, instead of pay they could adjust there costs.

My husband competition shoots and it gets very expensive too. What he did was go to differnet businesses and talked with the managers. He explained that with a donation of $150 or more he would have the stoes name or logo put on his shirt as advertisement purposes. Most stores just give $50, but he did have a few that gave more and they only are able to give to a certain #, so if this is giong to be a yearly thing set that up too. My husband went to HEB, academy, and because his sport is mainly men, he went to guy places like our local tire store. Hope this helps. Most just give donation and don't bother with the advertising part.

Car washes and yard sales. Maybe you could recruit others from her gymnastic/cheer squad to help....or maybe from your circle of friends.

One thing that people don't usually know is that Wal-Mart will allow you to have a garage sale in their parking lot and they will match what you earn up to a certain dollar amount. (Or at least they used to....it has been a few years since a checked into this). So, call and ask. And, if you decide to do a yard sale, call/email all your family and friends and ask them for donations of SELLABLE items for your yard sale.

There are also lots of home sales/parties companies that do fundraisers.....you could look into that as well.

My daughter is on a competitive cheer squad as well and it costs in excess of about $6000 per year with hotels and travel. Our gym does fundraisers throughout the year to help parents earn money towards expenses. As far as sponsors, all you can do is go in and ask local companies to sponsor. You have to remember that they are not saying no to you if they cannot give. Many companies have a limited number of funds and every sports team hits up many different companies every year. If you would like some fundraising ideas to share with your gym, I can give you several ideas if you want to email me.

I don't know about getting a sponsor but is there anything your daughter can do to earn the money for herself? Perhaps you can send a note to the neighborhood or put flyers up explaining why she is earning money and offering to pull weeds, walk dogs, sweep porches, etc.

Hi Tracy,

I'm a demonstrator for Gold Canyon Candles and we can do fundraisers too. Email me if you would like more information.

J. Holweger
www.mygc.com/delightfulcandles

Usborne Books At Home Consultant
www.myubah.com/B3315

1 / 3