How Are You Making Your Mark?

I know that, as moms, we are making the world a better place by raising awesome kids, but in what other ways do you feel you are making your mark? Is there a charity you help? Somewhere you volunteer? What kinds of stuff are you doing that will "outlast" you? Need some ideas (concrete ones--big or small) for making an impact! What are your personal ways?

.

I don't feel a particular need to make a mark.
Seriously - who's going to remember me in 100 years?
Maybe my son or my grand kids?
I work in IT and in this business anything over 2 years old is ancient history.
I'm not clever enough to create some art or write a book whose fame will outlast my lifetime.
I'm a good wife, a good mother and I've held a career for 25 years.
I putter in the garden and enjoy butterflies and toads/frogs I find in my yard.
I fly kites and still splash in puddles every once in awhile.
I've planted a few trees and lilacs.
I'm enjoying life, but nothing I do will outlast me and it doesn't bother me.

-I visit a senior home w/my child especially at Christmas time.
-I donate unused clothes and toys.
-I teach my kids to be good, decent people while being safe though and not put themselves in danger (important).
-I try to buy a few items of clothing to donate to the Sleep Train that they give to orphaned children.
-Teach the Golden Rule
-I recycle, try not to contribute too much garbage.
-Rescue animals
-Help children in need whenever I see it (through church, neighbors etc).
-Cook a meal for a neighbor in the hospital (doing that one today and donating my old magazines) or a co-worker who might be going into surgery (missed this once and felt awful).
So nothing major...just a little here and there. And do I ever forget? Yes and then some story will remind me I need to be a better person. I think llife is a constant lesson in that: a work in progress kind of thing!!! I've got to keep working on it.

Maybe my son or my grand kids?
I've planted a few trees and lilacs.

I don't do things to "make my mark", I just do them because I feel I should.
I'm a foster parent, and I love being able to help out kids and their families.
I help those around me as much as I can.
I try to be a good steward of the earth and of my money.
Like we say at our church every week...
"Go forth into the world and be of good courage,
Hold fast to that which is good.
Render to no person evil for evil.
Strengthen the fainthearted,
Supporth the weak,
Help the afflicted,
Honor all people.
Love and serve God,
Rejoicing in the power of the Holy Spirit."

I don't do this to "make my mark" anywhere or with anyone, but my kids (3 and 1) and I volunteer once or twice a month at a nearby senior living facility with activities. We have a lot of fun doing it and the seniors love seeing the kids. It really makes their day.

I teach, over 150 students per year, so i hope I am making a mark with them. Aside from that, I volunteer at the Food Bank here in town, and I work with Toys for Tots every Christmas. I have also been teaching my kids that each time they get new toys (birthday/christmas, etc) they have to go through their toybox and donate used toys (the nicer ones) to shelters in town. They also give one of their new toys each Christmas to Toys for Tots. It's not much, but it is what I am able to do.

I'm comin' up with nothin' other than the Motherhood gig, sigh, sorry.

:(

I make my mark in a way that no one ever really knows what I did or who I helped. I like the anonymity of it because I want to do something that directly helps someone without getting any sort of praise or credit.

I donate blood - double-red donation. I am not entirely sure why double-red is such a high demand but I do know that often double-reds are used for newborn babies who require surgery.

I make an appointment, I slip in quietly to the donation center, I spend about 60-90 minutes there, and I give something that is needed and could save three lives. Then, I eat about two mini packs of their free cookies and drink two juices and go about my day.

It makes me feel good to know that my simple, easy, anonymous deed might help save someone from death. I don't care who gets my blood. I just care that it is needed and used.

So...to that end, I would strongly encourage anyone on this board who is healthy enough - DONATE BLOOD! I realize that not everyone can do it and that's okay. But, by donating blood you are giving just a tiny bit of your time to people who need it the most. Depending on your blood type and physical health, you could also be eligible to donate plasma, platelets, or double-reds. It is free and doesn't cost you a thing other than your time.

Hi D.
I do lightwork energy healing where I go into deep meditations and send positive,healing energy into the world.
I connect with the angles and ask them to go to people in need.
I also pray alot for peace in the world and on a spiritual level I fight against the dark side.
B. k

1 / 3