Hospital Clothes Post Delivery...

Good morning, ladies!

My baby is due early February, and will be a planned c-section (due to the complications I had with my first delivery, and the lack of an anesthesiologist on duty 24 hours at our hospital). As such, I will be in the hospital for 3 nights post delivery day, so 4 days, total... I will have my c-section incision to think about, and I will be breastfeeding... so I am wondering what you all wore while you convalesced in the hospital after your deliveries, especially if you had a c-section (which usually necessitates a longer hospital stay), and if you were breastfeeding... I don't really want to have pants on, I don't think, with my incision. I remember with my son - also a c-section - that pants weren't very comfortable at first. DId you wear pants? But I also need to be able to nurse comfortably, so a nightgown of sorts would need to have to let the boobs be accessible! LOL I know they make maternity nightgowns, but I'm looking for other options as well. Thanks!!

So what did you wear in the hospital after you delivered?

Like many mamas responses, I wore the hospital gowns (they had the ones for breastfeeding) & undies provided. I also brought an old comfy robe & bought a few pairs of cozy socks so I felt like I had something from home. Did this for 2 c-section deliveries & breastfeed both times and it worked well.

I had all 3 of my children via c-section. I wore the hospital gown until it was time to go home. Nothing else seemed to do the trick like the gowns did. I also took a robe so I could cover up if I had visitors or left my room. I wore maternity clothes home from the hospital and for the next several weeks. They were the most comfortable things to wear.

I had 2 c-sections ~ I wore a hospital gown until they allowed me to shower. Once I showered I wore loose pajama pants and a button down pajama top.

I just wore the gowns til I left, figuring I could ruin their clothes and not mine. They have gowns with slits or snaps that will help with breastfeeding. When you leave, make sure you have something supercomfortable, especially with the incision. And have someone set up a bed for you where you don't have to walk far to the restroom or use stairs. I wore a sleep shirt and maternity pants home.

If you want your own gear, look at Majamas. I have a dress from there that's actually a nightgown, but it's nice enough I wore it to a casual wedding and no one was the wiser. I needed a nursing dress at the time.

I wore the hospital gowns. One backwards then one the right way gave easy access for nursing.

I wore the hospital gowns that we were given at the hospital, they have the slits in them that make nursing really easy. It was also easy not to have to pack my own gown and like AV said, I figured I could ruin there's rather than my own.

I had 2 c-sections and for the most part, I wore the hospital gowns because they were the very comfortable and gave easy access for breast feeding. But I was was amazed at how soon I was able to wear pants. They make the incision really low (at the top of your hairline). So I wore sweat pants that sat higher on me - near my belly button. And they were a bit loose. When leaving the hospital, I wore comfortable maternity pants. And, definitely bring the high waisted underwear - not the cute low rise ones.

I had a c-section and was nursing, so I wore cotton "nighties" tank top style short nightgowns? You can get them at target, etc. I did wear pants under them if I knew people were coming and had a robe also. I just wore loose fitting cotton yoga pants underneath. They may even make nightgowns for people who are nursing. I never looked into it. The incision isnt as uncomfortable as the soreness/pain that you feel from having the actual surgery.

I had a beautiful long flannel lounger - zipper down the front - since I tend to be very cold; especially in hospitals - it kept me warm, was easy to open/close for nursing and, most important, it looked pretty! lol!! I wore it a lot when I came home also. Very comfortable and functional.

Good luck!!

Ive had 2 c sections. With the last one (in December), I wore the hospital gown for first 2episode days until I could shower. Wasn't bad. I wore one the normal way with back open and a second the other way around with the front open. I also brought a nursing nightgown that had a matching robe (was lightweight so I slept in it when I was cold). You will get mesh panties to wear and you could get some to take home if you want. What I got in my last few months was bigger maternity undies that actually come up over your belly (think big granny panties). For me they were much comfier and I wore them for a while after baby was born. Nothing pressed on my belly or incision. I found them on Amazon. Had an impossible time finding anything remotely like them anywhere else. If you are interested in them, message me and I can find the link for you. As far as coming home from hospital, bring comfy maternity lounge pants or yoga pants. I didn't bother with nursing shirts this time around.

1 / 3