Help! - Hastings,NE

Hi moms! I need help with some side dish ideas for my soup recipe. I am making Brat stew and I need some ideas to serve on the side. I won a recipe contest and they are taking pictures of my food and they want it to look like something out of a magazine. My mind is blank and I can't think of anything to put with it! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! : )

some sort of cabbage salad and a basket of muffins or rolls and I would also put a dessert of some sort. maybe a pie w/slice out of it a pretty place mat and napkins

My first thought would be a gorgeous salad. I'm not sure how colorful your stew is, so maybe a side salad with bright fall colors of apples, asian pears, pomegranates, cranberries, walnuts etc.... Congrats on your winning dish!

A nice Artisan bread, sliced on the side.

How 'bout a fabulous cabbage/vinegar based salad, sweet and sour, you know? Lots of color and big bright flavor!

:)

(Congrats on your win!)

Sauerkraut. even if you dont eat it, nicely done and beautified with purple onions and some greens would be a nice side, with another plate of wonderful white artisan bread or some fluffy white bread slathered in butter sprinkled with dried basil or chive?

Cheesey garlic bread!! Can't get the last of that stew without sopping it up with some nice warm bread :) Congrats!

Or a nice, warm, plain braided bread with oregano flakes on top, or rosemary, that would compliment the strew as well...

I love bread ;)

I would also go with the big green salad suggestion & maybe some corn muffins (got the idea from another post, ha!) because I always like some sort of bread with soups/stews & the color would be great in photos.

rice pilaf - I think rice is a great option - you can add sauteed onions, peas, diced bratwurst, parsley for color, etc. Stew is great poured over rice.

oven roasted potato wedges - sprinkled with salt, pepper, herbs

1 / 3