Headache....

I have a really bad headache that tylenol, cafine, chocolate, or anything else besides sleep will ease. I don't what to do, I'm only 6 weeks along right now. My stomache is so upset I can't eat. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Fortunatly the headaches became less frequent.

I would reccomend advil or excedrin for headaches. that is what I take and they really help me with my headache. Within 15-20 mintues my headache is gone.

You may want to try peppermint oil. For your headache,rub the oil on your temples and on the back of your neck. To releive the nausea, place 2 drops under your tongue. Peppermint oil can be found and your local healthfood store. Be sure and give your OB/GYN a quick call first before trying this.

You may also want to put the potty training on the back burner for a bit, just until you get to feeling better. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Do call your dr and make sure they don't want to take blood, urine, and blood pressure tests. Headaches, even migraines, are normal during pregnancies.

You need to get some nutrients into your body. I suggest you go get some Boost. It will give you and your baby protein and calcium. Drink plenty of water, make sure you are getting 8 glasses in a 24 hour period. Being dehydrated will not help your headache.

The next thing I suggest is that you get a rice bag from Walgreens. These are long sock looking heat wraps that you put in the microwave and heat up. Don't make it too hot, so just put it in for a minute at a time until you get it to a comfortable heat. Place this at the base of your skull on the back of your neck. Sit in an incline position with your feet up and close your eyes. Get away from noise and the TV.

There are several things that can cause this, but since you are pregnant the main thing is probably your hormones. You have just hit the hardest time. This is going to last a few weeks, so figure out a way to make yourself comfortable and get as much rest as possible.

And lastly, try to relax... I'm 24 weeks into mine and at the stage you are going through, I was about to think I could never do this again. Every pregnancy is different and as we age, our body's reaction to things change. I'm sure you will be fine!

Good luck and my thoughts are with you!!!!!

*hugs*

Consider going to a chiropractor. Dr. Bill Rauhauser in Highland Villiage will charge your regular medical insurance co-pay if your insurande doesn't cover chiropractic care. Address 2430 Fm 407 Ste B
Phone ###-###-####

I'm a little confused. Did you mean that tylenol, caffine, etc. does or doesn't help. The stomache being upset is part of being pregnant unless it's from a migraine headache. You can tell if it's a true migraine mostly by not being able to tolerate light. As far as the stomache nausea - baking soda & water is great & cheap directions on box, it will stabalize acid etc. I have stomach problems as if I were pregnant, nausea, etc. I usually snack on cheez-it crackers or pretzels if I do not want saltine crackers. The baking soda is why they help. Drink Sprite but at room tempature and best if you can flatten it. Anything cold is a shock to the stomach and will cause cramping. If you will open sprite and let it sit until it gets room temp, sometimes that will flatten it. Otherwise shake it and let fizz out when you open it, may have to do that a few times - so get a bottled one. If caffeine helps & you like Coke or Dr Pepper - make sure it's room temperature, don't worry about flattening it but drink it with cheeze-it crackers and Soda will make you burp and crackers settle your stomach. If it is a migraine - ask someone else, you may have to go or call your Dr. He may want to put you on a prescription. Don't get Dehydrated! Good Luck!

It is most likely hormonal, and should decrease as you get in to your second trimester. Talk to your doc. I had the same thing, my doc actually prescribed a pain killer, I am sorry, I forget which one, but I was surprised that he prescribed it, but it fell in to a category that would not negatively affect me or the baby. I never ended up filling the perscription, because I was not sure that I wanted to take it. But for sure talk to your doc. Also, hydration and rest will help. I would get a headache everyday on the clock in the late afternoon. YOU might not feel tired, but trust me, your body is!! Unfortunately, many times sleep for me, was the only thing that helped. FORTUNATELY THOUGH, like I said, as you get in to your second trimester, they most likely will decrease, or go away all together.

Father, I don't have tons of wisdom to pour out for this lady, but You do. You are a healer and help when we need it. I pray that you would sustain her as she goes through this. I pray that you would encourage her and give her hope. I pray that you would ease her pain and send her someone who can help her find a solution. I pray that the OBGYN she works with will have wisdom and a means to help her. I pray that she has a church family or friends that will rally around her to support and be there for her and her daughter. Oh, Father heal her relationships that have broken so much that she can't see her son. Give her hope and peace today. In Jesus name-

Do you have a history of high blood pressure? I know you are very early in your pregnancy but sometimes a headache is a symptom of high blood pressure. If not that, it sounds like you are having a migraine. I have had only a few in my life but they have all been hormone-induced. I would say if you are not better in a couple of hours or if you get worse, go to the doctor. Good Luck!

Take a nap and QUIT potty training (really, save yourself some trouble and wait until she's 2 1/2)! Sounds like a pregnancy-related headache, so your doctor might have a solution. You might also get a headache from not eating. Your doc could also prescribe a medicine for the upset stomach if it's really interfering with your ability to function or with your nutrition.

1 / 3