Hard Water Deposits

Updated on October 21, 2010
G.S. asks from Valparaiso, IN

I have lots of hard water deposits on my tub surround. Any suggestions on getting it off and keeping it off. I prefer natural cleaners but currently will do anything to get rid of it. We do have a water softenerr but it still seems to be happening.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Chattanooga on

vinegar works great when you are able to soak stuff in it... but if it's on the tub's surrounding I would say to go with CLR, or something with a thicker formula that will stick to the areas where the deposit is... No matter what you use it won't do any good if it just runs off!

answers from Dayton on

I have the same problems and found vinegar only to help somewhat. Have you tried CLR?

answers from Los Angeles on

Magic pads work wonders on hard water stains!

answers from Chicago on

try CLR. it is not a natural cleaner, but will definitely get the job done.

answers from Chicago on

If you have water softener and still get deposits, your water softener is not working. It's not exactly natural, but WD40 removes spots from chrome nicely and creates a barrier to discourage spots. You can use it to remove spots on surround also.

Next question: Cleaning Bathrooms