Good Places to Go See Lights

I live in euless and wanted to know some good places to cruise the pretty lights. I have been to Interlocken(sp) in arlington before and we may go there again. I also also heard about another place in arlington that isn't a neighborhood but you drive through the lights???? does anyone know what that place is and where. Just a rumor but sounded neat.

I get a kick out of driving through the old wealthy homes close to Christmas. I used to drive through the Indian Hills area of Fort Worth, but in recent years, I enjoy driving through the University Park homes in Dallas and for whatever reason, North Park Mall has always been a treat, so I try to stroll through in a non-shopping mode. Maybe it's just me and I warn that unless you know the Dallas area, University Park can be challenging to get around in to see everything. You might want to take a Dallas native the first time or two.
Great question! I may try some of these other answers myself!
C. S.
PS....Just look up all these events on AOL CityGuide for Dallas/Fort Worth and there is a comprehensive listing!

The place you are thinking of is High Point Church - it's at the corner of I-20 and 360. It is well worth it! You drive through the lights and you can also get out and watch the live nativity and pet and hold some of the animals (baby goats and pigs, etc..) There are also little "cottages" to get hot cocoa, and food at, a train ride, other cottages with gifts to buy. Last year they had a photographer in one of the cottages taking the most adorable pictures at a very reasonable rate - (like $20 or something). Definitely go to this!

there's also a place at Joe Pool Lake $12 per carload.

www.prairielights.org pretty cool!

Diamond Loch in NRH (somewhere off of Glenview I think)

you can go to the 16th Annual Christmas Boat Parade, Lynn Creek Park on Joe Pool Lake, Grand Prairie. Holiday carolers and fun for the entire family including the parade of boats lavishly decorated for Christmas. The event is complete with a visit from Old Saint Nick! Begins approximately dusk. Call ###-###-####

It is High Point church and they have a live nativity and petting zoo, and many other things. It is on 360 and I can't remember the cross street. If you google high point church in arlington you will find it.

okay, i go to arlington every yeart too, but i have learned of a new place, don't know how much it costs, but i'll write you in a bit and let you know, until then, me and my children have enjoyed going to a cool all lit up neighborhood,everybody lights up, there is no traffic, and is very convenient when you want to cheer up your kid. it is located on pipeline rode in euless. cant remember the name of the community, ill find that out for you too. sorry about my memory, are you familiar with pipeline road?

C. S.

I live in Grand Praire, I think the lights you heard about are here. It is called Prairie Lights. It is at Joe Pool Lake, at Lynn Creek. It is $15 per car, but it is worth it. You drive through 2,000,000 lights. At the end there is a place to ride 2 free rides, and then you walk through a large tent full of blow up Christmas decorations, and then you can get your picture made with Santa. It is great! You can look it up on the web, i think you just look up Prairie Lights, or look in the Grand Prairie City Page.

1 / 3