Good Exercise Videos

I'm thinking about starting a morning routine with exercise DVD's. Doea anyone have a tried and true workout DVD(s) that they can recommend? I'm in "fair" physical shape and would like to see a gradual improvement. I also don't want something that will put me to sleep, OR make it impossible for me to walk and take care of my kids for a week!

WOW!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the great responses!! I'm really excited to get started on some of your recommendations. This is going to be so helpful for me. I think I will take the suggestion of one of the responders and work on putting together a small library of videos so I don't get bored. With all your suggestions that's going to be a slam-dunk! This has been a great thread. Thanks again everyone and I'll try to do an update on my progress!!

Best! J.

I really love Cindy Crawford's workout. You really feel it when you don't do it for a while, or when you're starting out. But you really get more fit as time goes by. My doctor told me I had a 6 pack and that made my day.

I have a 4 month old and I use Leslie Sansome. She has walking videos that vary from easy to heard. She also had streigth and streching plus wieght training as well with the walking. I lost 37 pound with it.
Good Luck..

I hate exercise but doctor told me I had to get rid of my tummy after my last baby. I did the Sweatin to the Oldies. It does aerobic and then strength training and on DVD you can do both or its easy to select a chapter and just do one or the other. I definately felt it but was not sore the next day. Its upbeat music and I actually enjoyed myself. Good luck.

I like the Denise Austin videos - especially her Hit the Spot and Shortcuts series. Both offer several routines in each video, beginning with a less advanced routine and progressing to more challenging. She can be a bit cheesy and way too perky for early morning sometimes, but I like the workouts. Good luck!

To start with a good stretch and strengthening check out Classical Stretch on channel 6. It's on from 5:30 to 6 am M-F. If that's too early for you - record it! Once you get into that you can look at adding something like pilates to step it up.

I'm a big fan od the ty-bo (I think that's how you spell it)- it really does dive you an awesome workout in 30 minutes! And if you're crunched for time, the 8 minute workout really does work! Beware though- it is REALLY fast-paced (the 8 minute one) so you'll feel like you ran a few miles after doing that one! ;-) Good luck!

hi there, good for you finding time for yourself!! that is hard. i found that if you have on demand (comcast)there is workouts that you can chose from. i have tried the mile walk and it only takes about 15 min so you can find little times throughout the day to do it. good luck on you fit journey. god bless!!

any yoga or pilates dvd is good. i also like kick boxing

I don't know if you have cable or not, but if you do on FIT TV, there is a program called Namaste Yoga. Basic Yoga easy for beginers. I do it all the time and never feel sore or tired. It is on at least three times a day, and then you don't have to buy videos. Plus they have so many, you rarely do the same routine. It has really helped slim me down, and it is a really relaxing exercise. My kids actually half the time try and follow along. They think the poses are fun. Good Luck.

I have tons of exercise videos and a few DVDs!. I like Tammy Lee Webb's Buns of Steel, Abs and Arms of Steel, and Thighs of Steel. She is awesome! But you will be sore, so pace yourself when you do her workouts. I have heard that Pilates is great and I actually have some tapes of those but haven't used them. I have used the Yoga Pilates and it was OK. I have two Tae Bo tapes that are really awesome! I have heard that the exercise ball gives great, fast results. I have one of those but haven't used it too much. So, whatever you invest in you are going to want to make sure that you will use it!! That is if you want to invest in something other than tapes or DVDs.

I think anything with a good cardio workout is going to give you the best results along with muscle toning exercises. You need both in order to make a difference and you don't need a home-gym in order to get results. I used to be an exercise fanatic, so I'm not just flapping' my lips!

The library is a great place to checkout tapes and DVDs without having to spend your money on something that you don't like. I tried an abdominal workout For Dummies or some such thing and my abs were sore for a while! I hadn't worked them that well in ages!

Just remember not to overdo it, pace yourself, and rest in between the days you exercise. Results take time!

1 / 3