Give Me All Your Beauty secrets........PLEASE !!!!!

I've used our restroom at work today and I wanted to cry when I looked in the mirror.....

It must have been the light, but I looked horrible....

I'm 36 (37 soon) and my face looks like that of a 57 year old.....ok, I can't change the wrinkles, but the color of my skin needs to change....it is more gray than anything else.....and those blackheads....those huge crater like pores.........

HELP !!!!!!!!!

What are your beauty secrets.....I'd appreciate any advice on how to look better-younger from head to toe....

Thanks so much !!!!!!!

PS.....I've never smoked so that's a plus.....but what I really wanted to say.....

YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!!!!! Keep them coming !!!!!!!

1. Drink plenty of water
2. Don't smoke
3. Use sunscreen
4. Get a professional facial from time to time
5. DHC skin care products are my favorite

I like Aveeno Clear Complexion scrub. I think they have a "skin brightening scrub" too. And it doesn't break the bank. Good luck. Florescent lighting sucks.

drink water with lemon slices, orange slices, lime slices etc. get enough rest at night. don't smoke- if you do, stop. eat healthy foods. mash up an avacado with a little bit of olive oil to make a paste and put it all over your face for 20 min. It will help with dryness and make your skin super soft and silky. Exfoliate 2x per week with a gentle cleanser and pat dry your skin after showering. Wear mineral makeup vs. makeup with lots of chemicals. Good luck and try to smile!!!!! Its hard getting older....I know.

M

This is repeated sooooo much... but exercise... really helps. Any exercise... brings in more oxygen.... circulates the blood... and it helps to tighten your skin/underlying muscles.... even in the face and neck too.
Seriously.

Also, drink water, and get adequate sleep, use sunscreen....
also do weekly face masks and face scrubs.
I personally like the one's from Clinique.
And use the proper skin care for your skin type.

all the best,
Susan

I am not sure about younger (I'm 27) but I find I look a LOT better when I'm rested (ha--I know we can't do anything about that one), and when I drink plenty of water my skin is much nicer and more elastic. I am terribly lazy by the time the kids are in bed and things are set out for the night and usually fail to even wash my face. I think just making sure that you are starting with basic skin care (and not necessarily expensive) would be a good start. Cleanse every night and use a good moisturizer, even a nighttime one, and cleanse and moisturize with something with at least SPF 15 in the mornings. There are tinted moisturizers available which might help freshen your skin tone without makeup if you do not like full-face makeup (I hate it for myself and it usually gives me a breakout).

Pores are not going to go away, but my mom always taught us to wash our faces in warm water and splash cold water on after, which can help your pores tighten up a bit. You could also try using some witch hazel as a pre-cleanser to clean out the dirt and oil before you wash. I sometimes use mascara on really tired, bad days, so that might help your eyes a bit.

I would also say take a trusted girlfriend shopping (even in your own closet) with a lot of light and make sure your tops are in colors and necklines that are flattering. If you don't love it on you, don't wear it. If you love it, don't buy a lot of variety for variety's sake. I have found it is not worth it and I get frustrated because my favorite things are dirty and I don't really like the other things I'm wearing.

Those are just my initial thoughts. So much of our appearances is dependent on good diet and hydration and rest. I am very new to even owning makeup and still do not use it daily, and like I said am just trying hard to wash my face more often, but it does seem to help. If nothing else, it makes me feel better. =)

1) Retin-A

2) Vigorous exercise (till you sweat profusely and your face is beet red) on a regular basis. If I don't exercise for a few days (like today) I literally look ten years older.

2a) Squeeze your blackheads.

3) Don't EVER look at yourself in a restroom at work with terrible florescent lighting!!!!!

Excerise, eat healthy food, drink lots of water (and mostly water a soda should be a rare thing) get fresh air and some sunshine, sleep well, wash your face and use a good moisturizer, go get your hair done it'll make you feel better. Those lights ARE terrible avoid them they make everyone look bad.

1. Drink plenty of water
2. Don't smoke
3. Use sunscreen

Rest, relax and walk, walk and walk. And moisturize, moisturize. And don't worry about this one more day. WE all have bad days. We are human.

1 / 3