Foggy Goggles?

How do I get my kids' swimming goggles to quit fogging up? Is there a permanent fix to this problem?

I know it's been said, but I must reiterate: spit, spit, spit. It's the only thing that worked for me, it's free, and you'll never "forget" it at the house. =)
Happy Swimming!
-E. M

It's gross, but spitting in them and coating them with spit is the only thing I've ever heard of.....

They sell no-fog solution. you should be able to get it anywhere - but it will be cheaper at Target or Wal-mart.

You do want to use the toothpaste first - the grain rubs off a bit of the inside of the lens so the de-fogger works better.

You can also use spit- as suggested, but you will have to keep doing this if they are in the pool for a while - if they are in and out then spit will work fine (and be cheaper).

One note- you want to make sure that if you use the de-fog you use it the night before. Spray, rinse and then let dry. that way the chemical smell will be gone the next day!

After 15 years of competitive swimming as a kid, I can tell you that Denise's suggestion works. Spit in them (or lick them if spitting is just too gross =). I have no idea why it works, but it does. Also if your kids are on swim team (spending a lot of time wearing goggles), I found that wearing the smaller goggles with no padding around the eye sockets actually worked a lot better than the bigger kind with tons of padding. I know they look painful but they're really not. Hope that helps! =)

Happy Swimming!
-E. M

It's already been said, but my husband always tells me to spit in mine and rub it.

Sounds strange, but I've used shaving cream successfully. I just wipe shaving cream on them and wipe it off.

I've been swimming my whole life, was on swim team from the time I was 5 until I graduated high school, and I have never found a way to keep my goggles from fogging! I have noticed that the better quality the goggles are, the less they fog, but they all eventually fog up. However, I've never noticed that it's really hindered my ability to actually see underwater.

I'm not sure if this is a permanent fix but I just read this tid bit in Real Simple (6 new uses for toothpaste). It says "coat each lens inside and out with nongel toohtpate and rinse. The paste helps prevent haziness."

1 / 3