Floatable Swimwear for Toddlers

Does anyone know where I can purchase those bathing suits that have some kind of floatee thing stiched into the top for girls to help keep kids afloat when they are swimming?

Floatation devices are not a good idea. They give kids a false sense of security in the water. Instead you might want to think about enrolling your child in swim lessons somewhere. That really is best.

We bought my son one at Target when he was about three. Mind you that was five years ago. I have also seen them at sporting goods stores, and Walmart.

You can get them anywhere, but they're terrible.

If you do intend to purchase some kind of floatation device for your daughter, I'd suggest you get a Puddle Jumper from Stearns. They sell them at Walmart and Target, probably other places too.

These are actually Coast Guard certified to have the same properties as a life jacket, but are better designed for swimming.

http://www.target.com/Kids%E2%80%99-Stearns-Puddle-Jumper...

I second the Puddle Jumpers!

We bought one for our son at Wal-Mart a few years ago and it was horrible. I would opt for a life jacket before I would buy one of those again.

I don't know if you can even buy those kinds of swimming suits anymore. I have read articles that say they are dangerous. If your child somehow gets turned upside down in the water, they can't flip back over.

I have tried different kinds of these on my kids and I hated all of them. None of them seemed to work like you would think. Be careful because they give a false sense of security. Even if you find one you like, make sure adults swimming with your little one still keep a very close eye on them.

1 / 3