Fast Labor

My frist labor was very fast and very painful. I am expecting a new little blessing this novemeber. No one I know had a labor that went as fast as my frist one a whole 8 hours from start to finish. I really don't know what to expect and my own mother went very fast after she delivered her fris. Has anyone else had very shoert frist deliveies and how did your second one go?

Hi J., I have two kids and with my first one I had to be induced. They started around 7am and by 10:30am I already had delivered. With my second one I started getting contractions around 7am and by 12 noon I had already delivered. So I'm just glad that mine were really quick. Don''t worry so much hopefully this one will be as fast as the first one.

My first labor was very fast and my second was even faster, so much faster that the doc came 'running' in just in time to catch. Good luck, my 3rd is due Dec. 4th.

My first labor was 4 hours and I was induced, I think it was painful because the epidural didn't work. I had my 2nd child 10 months ago and my labor was 3 hours total and the epidural worked wonderfully and I felt no pain whatsoever. It was the best labor I could ever have hoped for.

My first labor was really short too, about 6-7 hours. I thought my second would go faster but it actually took twice as long. My third baby went very fast however, only a couple of hours. This probably isn't sounding very helpful! As a nurse I have found that deliveries typically go faster after the first baby. So when your contractions start feeling regular, every 10 min or less, it may be best to go right to the hospital. Better safe than sorry!

i have two kids and am pregnant with my third. My first labor was 3 hours start to finish and with my second it was 6 hours start to finish. Both were very similar in pain , etc. I hope the 3rd will be just as quick, because im getting induced this time. Good luck. Im sure it will be fine

My 1st was 5 hrs from start to finish. I was worried when I was pregnant with my 2nd- I heard each labor gets quicker. Well my 2nd took 7hrs. Not long by any means but definately wasn't quicker which is probably good.
Everybody/pregnancy/baby is different. Just be prepared, so you will be ready for anything.

By the way my kids were 25 months apart (if that matters).

Best wishes

Everyone knows that you can have a dozen children and they will all be different. So are pregnancies. As long as your doctor says all is well, relax and enjoy the day. We never know what will happen next. I had a short labor with my first child but the second pregnancy was totally different. Good luck.

Hi J.. My first birth was 2hrs.36mins start to finish so I just knew the second one would be faster boy was I wrong! Second one was 26 hrs of hard labor. I think that's why I stopped at two lol. Everyone is diffrent and you never know until the times comes. Good luck to you and your family!!!!

My first labor (girl) was 15 hours but my second labor (boy)was 45min. from start feeling a little pain to baby is here , but he was only 4lb. he was born at 34weeks. Then my last and final labor (boy) was 16 hour's I don't think you can predict labor. My mom's labors were cut in half all four times from 4 hours to 21 min. so you really never know. I recommend an epidural I didn't have time with my first boy and it was painful.. Congratulations and Good Luck....

1 / 3