End of Year Preschool Craft Idea

Hi MOMS!

I am in helping out with my daughters end of year school party. I am in charge of the craft. What ideas do you have for this? The kiddos are three years of age. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all your help! All of ya'll are so creative! Going to do some of these at home during the summer!

I would do something with their handprints. Those are the crafts that I, as a Mom, cherish the most. I got paper flowers, made with his handprints, on green popsicle stems in a paper flower pot for mother's day. The teachers put a magnet on the back to it could go on the fridge.

16 answers, page 1 of 2

We just did a fun and extremely easy one yesterday with our MOMs Club.

Chinese Spiral "windsock"
Take a piece of 8 1/2 by eleven cardstock or a paper plate. Color both sides of it with bright colors. Then tear all around the edge of the paper or the plate so you have a rough edge. Then start in the middle of the 11 inch side of the paper and tear a strip about an inch and a half or two inches wide up the side and across the top, down the other side and across the bottom. Keep tearing in a square keeping about an inch or two strip until you get to the middle. For the plate, just tear in a circle spiral all the way to the center. Then tape a piece of string to the center left over strip and hang it up. It will twirl around in the breeze really well! OK, so if you can't figure out my crazy directions, go here...

http://funkidscrafts.topnettips.com/documents/paperplatec...

There are lots of other ideas using cheap, fun and easy paper plates. Good luck and have fun...if you don't find anything else to do, feel free to shoot me an e-mail...I am always in charge of my 3 1/2 year-old's parties!

Playdough is a great favourite.

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp oil
food colouring
Mix all together in large saucepan. Cook 5 minutes on medium heat stirring constantly till it looks like playdough.
I save this in pre-made icing containers. This recipe just fits in one container.

Finger Painting - use thick poster paint and loads of newspaper to protect surfaces!

Water play - this needn't be a pool, but just bowls of multi-coloured water with bubbles - give them jugs, mugs and funnels to play with - definitely for outdoors!!

Cookie dough - make a pile - give them each a handful and let them cut out their own shapes with cookie cutters - bake them in the oven and let them have their own cookies back to ice once cool.

Scrap Books - cut out loads of pictures and give them each a pile with some glue to stick into their own scrap books or alternately, to form a collage to take home to mum.

HI There.
Check out FamilyFun.com. It is an on line Disney magazine. They have a section for end of the year crafts for kids.
Have fun.

Hi S., I am a Preschool teacher, my name is J.. I recently came across an awesome craft that I did with my kids at our Valentine's celebration. I got foam picture frames and decorations, then I let the kids decorate their own frames. I took polaroids of the kids while they were celebrating, and then put their picture in their frame with a magnet on the back. Super easy, super fun, and not that big of a mess!
hope this helps!

Hi S. - I was the director for a preschool for 6 years and the teachers had some really great craft ideas over that period of time. For that age group, it's important to remember that the craft doesn't always have to be something that's going home and hanging on the fridge. The kids loved doing crafts that involved food. The great thing about it is that if they eat the glue (normally icing or peanut butter), its not a problem. You will need to check with the teacher about food allergies. Here are some ideas:

- Ants on a log (pretzel rods, icing or peanut butter, raisins)
- Finger painting with pudding (add food coloring to pudding and let them go crazy on wax paper)
- English Muffin Faces (cut an english muffin in half, spread with cheese - cheez whiz is now in a spreadable squeeze container, variety of veggies - ex. red peppers for the smile, cut baby carrots for the eyes). This is a great way to get them to try new things. I was skeptical at first, but all of the kids enjoyed eating their nutritious creations.

The main thing to remember is that the craft is meant for them to enjoy while their doing it, not the final product.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

K. (mom of 2)

You could always do the tried and true "painted handprints on the white t-shirt". Each child brings a cheap white t-shirt and they put their painted handprints on every shirt. The teacher can paint their name by their handprints and then each child takes home a shirt with all of their friend's handprints on them. It can be messy, but they usually love the outcome. Good luck!

i think a clay mold of there hand ,so mom can rember the yr her 3 yr old was in nursery school ,the weather is nice so it can be done outside ,or a outline of there bodys ,and let them color them self ,you can go to your local newspaper and get what they call end rolls of paper and use that for there bodys ,good luck have fun

1 / 3