Do You Wear Black to a Celebration of Life?

We live in the type of town, dressing up you wear your good pair of jeans. Suits are only seen at the court house. Is a celebration of life different than a funeral in dress? What would you wear to it?

You can if you want, Maybe add some pretty jewelry or a scarf.. but most people wear a color for the season.. Since it is fall, something "fallish" would be fine.

pretty much anything goes at funerals in today's world. We always rely on "business casual" or "church clothes"....

We called my friend's funeral a Celebration of Life but it was still a funeral. I would err on the side of a dark print. I wore purple and black with flowers. Ask the family. Friend's wife wore a simple black dress. However, when my DH's grandmother died, they specified that everybody should wear red, so ask.

a dark flower print would be nice........not too obvious in color

We went to a memorial this year where the family specifically said wear "all the colors of the rainbow." It suited the person who passed away very well since she was a very colorful person. Otherwise usually office causal is dressy enough--medium to darker neutrals, some color but not something too bright is fine.

My late Dad's service, was a celebration of life.
In Hawaii, people wear aloha shirts or dress up.
Its fine.
It is casual here.
But some people, just per their personality, they will dress up and/or wear clothing that is dark colored or black.

No, you do not wear black. You would wear something bright and happy.
Ask the family what the persons favorite color was or something and that might help. I wouldn't wear black.

When my niece passed away, a lot of us wore purple... it was her favorite color!

1 / 3