Funeral Dress Attire for Kids

My husband's grandfather passed away and the family will be attending the funeral. Of course, my husband and I will be dressed in the appropriate dark attire. However, my daughters (ages 3, 7 and 9) don't have any dark dresses. Would it be appropriate to have them all wear simple white dresses?

My daughter wore what she had and was comfortable for my grandmothers funeral and several others. I myself didn't were black. I guess i feel if its someone who has lived a full life i prefer to celebrate their life and not wear the dreadful black.

Hello,
Funeral attire is not as strict and traditional as it was in the past. The simple white dresses would be appropriate or the wearing of their grandparent's favorite color is also an option.

When I was 16 my dad passed away. Even though we could have worn dark colors, my mom felt it better for us to just wear something nice that we felt good in. Appropriately dressed up ...but color does not matter. I work a navy skirt with a White and Pink top....funny how that sticks 20 years later. I felt like it helped me be less depressed about the loss of my dad to be allowed to wear somthing "pretty". Even my grandmother approved!!

Good Morning M.,
I am sorry for your loss, and will say a prayer for your family.
As far as clothing, bright clothing is now acceptable for all. This is truly a time to celebrate his life on earth and passing into a beautiful eternal life with our maker and saviour. If your husband's grandfather was alive, would he want to see darkness and pain for all of you? My guess would be that he would want you to remember him as a lively happy man. I know when my grandmother died, we mourned, but celebrated her life and knew she was right there with us. Dress your girls with life and not darkness.

Hello,

Let your daughter wear what ever she has. The Lord does not judge on what you are wearing why should any one else.

Blessing on your family,

First of all, I am very sorry for your loss and I hope that your family finds a way through this together.

As for appropraite dress, when my grandparents passed away I let my son dress in comfortable clothes that were not your typical "funeral attire"- he wore khaki shorts for one and khaki pants for the other and both times white polos and I allowed him to wear (clean) gym shoes. Also since times have changed so has what is appropriate. So as long as your kids are comfortable in their little white dresses it is definately fine!

Again I am sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for your family!
Many blessings to you and yours!

My condolenses for your lost. The best dress attire is white your husband grandfather is going to glory.
Amen

i am very sorry to hear about your loss. on July 1st my uncle had passed away also from cancer. For us, we are allowed to wear dark or either white clothes. you can always put navy blue on your children, that is also considered dark.

Sorry for your family's loss. As far as clothing goes, these days people don't really stick to the black for funeral idea. I have seen daughters and wives in lovey soft pink dresses looking soft and pretty, I think it's wonderful It's like they are looking so nice for the one who had passed, how they would like to see them dressed. Let your little ones look like children, it will be fine.

1 / 3